Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Stock *ahem*
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like the subject says, I've got some extra $$. I have a 2253BW which has been just a champ for the last few years that I've had it. But it's 1680x1050, which is not QUITE enough to view HD content properly. So, I was wondering what a good 23" monitor out there is.

Incidentally, I have a chance to snag a Dell 23" for $100, but I've lost the specifications as I deleted the original e-mailed receipt.

I've wanted to get a 1920x1200 monitor but the prices for those have been climbing not falling so I'm giving up on that, so I don't need a 24" unless it's going to be cheaper than the 23" models out there.

SEE LAST POST, FOLKS.
smile.gif

· Registered
6,344 Posts
Eh the speakers are just a bonus. I love my Asus monitors over the gateway, HP, and samsung ones I've had. Though I'd have to say next in line would be the samsung one. Personally, I think you have to see them in person to tell a difference.

· Stock *ahem*
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, folks, at NCIX the weekend in-store sales just went online, and there's this:

Quote:

Philips 244E2SB 24IN Widescreen LCD Monitor 1920X1080 16:9 5ms 500000:1 HDMI VGA DVI HDCP
Price: $169.99 CAD
(15.00% OFF Reg. $199.98 Sku:59645)

How does this compare with other monitors out there?

· Stock *ahem*
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's going to come down to a choice between the LG monitor mentioned above, that Philips monitor, or a Samsung E2320X - I've had good experiences with Samsung in the past (seeing as my current monitor is a Samsung 2253BW
biggrin.gif
) so I'm kinda leaning to the Samsung.

One thing that would sway me is that I've found that for whatever reason the Samsung's autoscaling for older games is particularly nice. It will display 1024x768 (or 1280x1024) type games with large black bars to the left and right, meaning it preserves the original 4:3 scale instead of trying to stretch the image.

Do the other monitors do this or not?

· Registered
265 Posts
i would get this bad boy

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...sku=320-9334&?

refurbished dell monitor from dell's used store comes with original warranty

24" It's LED so it's better color than normal LCD. Plus its high resolution 1980-1080 so good enough to watch blue rays.

It's only $179.00

If you have $319.00 then this is an IPS monitor which is amazing improvement in color / looks gorgeous. IPS is the better technology of LCDs. So in my opinion just get the one for $179 or pony up and get this one for $319.00, one or the other.

· Stock *ahem*
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately NCIX doesn't sell that monitor. I have giftcards which I can use, but if I buy that monitor from Dell I have to fork out actual cash.

· Stock *ahem*
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, I picked up an Asus VH236H monitor
smile.gif

No dead pixels (but I bought the $8 dead pixel warranty anyway; it was eight lousy bucks on a monitor that already was at $190 after taxes and the environmental fee, so what the hell
tongue.gif
), nice image, and the GTX 460 displays a beautiful 1920x1080 image.
biggrin.gif

The monitor gets kinda warm, but since I'm not using its speakers I think I can live with that. It's got a rebate so I'll get a $20 prepaid credit card from Asus in like 2 months or something ridiculous but at least I'll get it.
smile.gif

So
thumb.gif
to myself for a great monitor.
biggrin.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.