Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

Got a prob, I cant seem to shut down my comp

Every time i go shutdown, it looks like its gonna shut down, then a blue screen of death screen comes up saying something about power loss for like 2 seconds and it just simply restarts instead of shutting down

HELP!!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Well, the reboot instead of a shutdown is because Windows is hitting a system failure condition - and anytime it does that, it auto decides to reboot.

As to what causes this...

Can you manage to see any of the message in the BSOD? Like the error number or halt message? (Specifically, wondering if it is a STOP 0x000000D1 - which would probably be device related like USB - or STOP 0x0000009F - it is a bad driver - could try to restore to previous known good state in Safe Mode.)

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the error message is

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAIL

it does say stop at one point down the page but the page disappears to quick before I can record any of the numbers

·
Registered
203 Posts
According to Microsoft this is a device driver issue or a file system filter driver issue. (link) I would do a driver purge and reinstall any backup/anti-virus/adware programs, and go from there.

You can also turn off the auto restart to get more information by doing the following.

1. Open control panel by either going to "start", then "settings" the "control panel" or "start" then "control panel".

2. Double click on "system" if you don't see "system" in control panel click on the text link "switch to classic view" on the top left side.

3. Once the system window opens click on the "advanced" tab.

4. Click on "settings" under the "startup and recovery" option.

5. Uncheck the "automatically restart" option under "system failure"

6. Click on "ok" twice

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how would i fix these
LL

1 - 5 of 5 Posts