Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my Intel Confidential CPU in the mail today. Id like to find some info on it and Im not sure where to look. The guy I bought it from said its an ES version of the PD 830 but I bought it without reading the ES part thinking it was a PD 820 what a suprise. So Id like to find out what exactly it is, as my video card hasnt come in so I cant run a check through windows. so If anyone can point me in the right direction Id realy appriciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Well an ES (or Engineering Sample) is just the same as a regular CPU (in this case Pentium D 830) except it was hand picked because it was basically the cream of the crop and never had its multipliers locked, a nice find indeed.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Remonster

Well an ES (or Engineering Sample) is just the same as a regular CPU (in this case Pentium D 830) except it was hand picked because it was basically the cream of the crop and never had its multipliers locked, a nice find indeed.

Well I know all that. Ive seen some people give a link to check out CPU specs. Just wanted to know if someone could point me in that direction so I know what multipliers are and stepping and so on. Ive got this CPU and a New ASUS P5WD2 E premium just no video card yet. I guess Ill probably have to wait for the card before I can plug it in and find out.

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
You could look at all the letters and numbers written on the CPU itself lol, but other than that if its a 830 as you say which indicates 3GHz that would make the multi 15 (200x15=3000). Other than that the stepping should be right on the CPU itself.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here is the complete list on the surface of the CPU.

Intel Confidential
QD OM ES MALAY
(H) (C)'04 HH9 8551PG0721M
L501B1 29 (04)

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok well, any one have an idea on what multiplyers will be open?

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Probably all of them, that is you can chose any you want, off the top of my head I can remember two camps of "unlocked" multis, well three really, those that have from the stock down, those that have all the way up to 25 and those that are TRULY unlocked, I mean if your mobo supported it you could run like 5MHz FSB x 400 multi or something lmao.

I would bet that you have from 14 to 25 unlocked but I have never actually even seen an ES in real life let alone in a computer where I was able to mess with the BIOS so be sure to post here with your findings and be sure to try all different FSB and multi configurations to see which works out best for you!

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can bet on a post when I get it together, my GPU should be in tommarrow so more then likely I will have it up and running and find out exactly what it can do, BTW Ive got the P5WD2 E Premium sitting here waiting to get hooked up, and Im sure it will have more then enough options.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.