Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been playing around with Digital Combat Simulator (DCS), a combat flight sim that is extremely interactive. Every button, switch and lever in the aircraft work and it's a pain in the ass to control all the non flight control inputs with a keyboard and mouse so i've decided to build a SimPit to use with VR. Leatherneck just announced that they are currently doing the final touches on a WW2 era F4U Corsair to be added to DCS, and i absolutely love that aircraft, so that's what I've started building. The actual case will be behind the pilot's seat bulkhead, i've used plywood to get the basic shape started on it and i'm slowly removing wood and replacing the supports with riveted aluminum skin, stringers and brackets. There are close to a thousand rivets in the rear bulkhead alone.....it's very time consuming work so this build will probably drag out for about a year.
Sky Cloud Water Aircraft Vehicle
Paint Wood Textile Rectangle Art
Triangle Rectangle Creative arts Paint Art
Hood Wood Motor vehicle Triangle Vehicle door
Yellow Adhesive Rectangle Gas Adhesive tape
Yellow Triangle Gas Rectangle Wood

·
H₂O Aficionado
4,785 Posts
Subbed for this one!

Nice work thus far, great craftsmanship :)

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Subbed, this looks sick!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Finally something different. Keep at it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone.... i'll be doing more work on it this week but then i'm moving to a new house on Thursday so it might be a few weeks after that before i can get back on the project.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Thanks everyone.... i'll be doing more work on it this week but then i'm moving to a new house on Thursday so it might be a few weeks after that before i can get back on the project.
Nice!

And congrats on the new house!

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,641 Posts
Subbed

·
Rig Advisor
3,631 Posts
In it to win it. Go get em.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts