Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I don't believe clearing CMOS is a viable option if I want to save my raid arrays.

Specs if needed:

Z97 Asus Sabertooth Mark 1 USB 3.1
4790K (apparently a pretty lucky chip)
2400 mhz ram which was down clocked a bit due both the bios not being able to keep DRAM voltage below 1.65 at all times and to adjust for BLCK

4x8 GB DIMMS
2x GTX 970 gigabyte G1 Mr. Dark bios (1532 mhz core clocks on both)

2x1 lane pcie cards
-Intel 1210-T1 NIC
-Asus essence STX

Antec Gold rated 1200 watt PSU

1200 CFM air cooling

I didn't take any precautions I should have such as saving a working bios to use for flash back or something.

I started playing around with input voltage and LLC and core ratio of 51 (which has been stable before) and raised the BLCK to 103.1

Hangs like 1-2 seconds when and if I get into the bios. I really don't want to lose my RAID 0 arrays.

I realise CMOS clearing might be the only way but if anyone has advice for saving arrays or things to try I'm all ears.

Any help appreciated.

For now I have the psu unplugged but with it still unshorted, hoping some time out might do some magic.

Much thanks.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I don't know if it was just chance, but leaving it unplugged for 15 mins, spamming bios key allowed me to get in and change multi and F10 before a hang.

BTW is there a thread for help like this? Hopefully won't need to write such embarrassing stuff about myself anytime soon, but would be good to know
tongue.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts