Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I walked into TigerDirect with a few hundred on me looking for the x2 4600 for SK 939. I saw about 3 in stock a week ago and it was 319.99 CDN. I walked up to the manager I think, his uniform was different. I asked to see the x2 4600 and he said "r you gona buy it? cause if u are whats the point of seeing it, it's just a box" ***?. "I want to see it." he says the same thing again" if ur gona buy it, whats the point of seeing it? it's a box" so I got pissed "Well when normal people buy a ****ing car they tend to want to look at the thing first don't they?" I'm 16, 6'3, play football so I give him the "want to mess with me?" look. and he eventually grabed it and I looked at it and said I'll buy it. and he started to mumble to himself...which is odd. anyways, thought I'd share.

I've oc'd the CPU to 2.76 on the kingston value ram. It won't handle one FSB more. (waiting on A-Data 2x1 Gb kit) and im ripping DVDs currently. The CPU temp is around 50-58 degrees C. is that too hot? I'm using stock cooler. Also if anyone can help me on the ram timings...I think if I loosen it a but I might be able to get a higher speed on them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they have around 4 shops in North America and Im lucky enough to get one a few minutes away from me

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
lol Uber. There's one on Woodbine in Markham. (Cause that's the one I go to) So you might be wrong.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in mississauga.

duel core is amazing, rip a DVD in less than 30 minutes!

·
Premium Member
5,607 Posts
yeah, markham, toronto, same thing. they have 2 up, the missisauga is bigger, and it has more things in stock than the one on woodbine. for example, the one in missisauga sells the Silverstone FM121, and the one on woodbine doesnt.

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
I guess I'll have to hit it up one day. The one on Woodbine is definitely very lacking on their stock.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Panzer I'm going to PM you, got a couple questions for yah since I have hte same CPU as you and am looking to OC it =).

Nice job too =)

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by NEvolution
View Post

I guess I'll have to hit it up one day. The one on Woodbine is definitely very lacking on their stock.

the workers there are complete idiots. I asked for stock of the X2 series for Sk939, the dude tells me to "get a C2D"..."WELL IF YOU GIVE ME 800 BUCKS THEN I WILL. DUMBASS" *sry about the language.

·
Registered
605 Posts
If it were me, I would upgrade the cooler on that AMD, 58c is awful hot for an AMD....

·
Premium Member
1,926 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by panzer126
View Post

the workers there are complete idiots. I asked for stock of the X2 series for Sk939, the dude tells me to "get a C2D"..."WELL IF YOU GIVE ME 800 BUCKS THEN I WILL. DUMBASS" *sry about the language.

Not to worry. It's kind of in my nature to never ask a sales associate anything unless it's about the stock and/or for them to get me an item.
Otherwise, I do find them quite useless.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
TD is dumb sometimes. And you can always look at the box and look at the CPU. If you remember a few good steppings, you can see what ones they have =D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts