Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

So, what are the symptoms and why is this posted on GamePolitics? Because your video game system or gaming PC might be affected by contaminated drywall, which among other nastiness, corrodes wiring. Here's what the Consumer Product Safety Commission recommends to watch out for:

link

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Please, nobody dare to discuss that China is known for poor quality products or someone may get offended, I remember the last thread that happened in.

·
Banned
4,222 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh
View Post

Please, nobody dare to discuss that China is known for poor quality products or someone may get offended, I remember the last thread that happened in.

But they are poor quality products...

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pablo420
View Post

But they are poor quality products...

The truth doesn't matter evidently, only the hypersensitive, feel-good, castrated, politically correct truth matters.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
China does make good stuff sometimes. Everyone is so stereotypical because they think everything that's crap comes from china. True, they do have tons of products that aren't too good, but it's not like it's the ONLY place that does it.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by iandh
View Post

the truth doesn't matter evidently, only the hypersensitive, feel-good, castrated, politically correct truth matters.

+1!!!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuntz
View Post

China makes crap? Have any of you owned an American car by any chance? There's a reason GM is bankrupt guys...

yes a few of them in fact, a 95 saturn sl1, 99 Pontiac sunfire and a 2001 Chevy silverado.

got a ford and Nissan to but they all run fine long as they are taken care of....

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:

View Post

China makes crap? Have any of you owned an American car by any chance? There's a reason GM is bankrupt guys...

Because of an outmoded business model (which, by the way, revolutionized the corporate world in the 40s, 50s, and 60s), a failed product base, and a crippling pension system.

I.E., saying that it is because of potentially lethal products is ridiculous, and indicates that you don't know of which you speak.

Actually, reading your comment again, I have to ask what an ailing American company has to do with a slough of unregulated and unapologetically crappy Chinese products. That is one of the most ridiculously stupid comments I have seen on OCN in a long, long time.

Some Chinese products ARE crappy (lead in the paint of children's toys, toxic dry wall, poisons in animal feed, etc.). When people say this they aren't passing judgment on Chinese society or culture, and there is no reason to get so defensive about it.

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

View Post

My Dad's Ford car is fine. Just needs more maintenance than it used to (But it's getting pretty old, so that's expected)

My cousin's Nissan on the other hand...that thing won't pass AirCare anymore no matter how many times she tries to fix it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm Chinese, and I avoid Made in Chine products like the plague. That's how bad it is.

In China, they make fake chemical eggs: http://www.danwei.org/internet/beware_of_fake_eggs.php

Sure, not ALL China products are bad (that's actually empirically impossible to prove), but the fact that relative to other countries, they churn out a disproportional amount of bad eggs (no pun intended) does tell you that statistically, China products have a higher chance of being duds.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave510
View Post

I'm Chinese, and I avoid Made in Chine products like the plague. That's how bad it is.

In China, they make fake chemical eggs: http://www.danwei.org/internet/beware_of_fake_eggs.php

Sure, not ALL China products are bad (that's actually empirically impossible to prove), but the fact that relative to other countries, they churn out a disproportional amount of bad eggs (no pun intended) does tell you that statistically, China products have a higher chance of being duds.

At least your honest

·
!
17,294 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave510
View Post

Pretty much everything is made in china
Not all Chinese stuff is bad
More than half the stuff in your computer is from China

Poisonous stuff that isn't supposed to be poisonous however, is just ridiculously immoral and makes me sick.
(No pun intended)

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Yup! Since I was able to drive, got me a 71 Mustang. That ***** is still running as my main transportation vehicle. So...

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.