Overclock.net banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
The intake of a GPU waterblock is where the narrow rectangle feeds the grid. The out of the grid goes to the outlet.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Yes. On the water block, it says “IN” and “OUT”, on the plastic. IN, water in, out, water out
Blue coil wire is OUT flow — goes to the radiator

• Rep+
Reactions: Ichirou

·
Overclocker
2,776 Posts
Although, while using the in as in and out as out is the optimal flow, in reality it only makes a couple deg C difference.

But with your setup I'd certainly see no reason why you wouldn't want to have it setup "correctly" to flow in to out. Only if your setup made it difficult to have the in and outs "correct" would I not have the flow in to out.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,917 Posts
Although, while using the in as in and out as out is the optimal flow, in reality it only makes a couple deg C difference.

But with your setup I'd certainly see no reason why you wouldn't want to have it setup "correctly" to flow in to out. Only if your setup made it difficult to have the in and outs "correct" would I not have the flow in to out.
That article is specific to a singular series of EK blocks (the block in question in this thread not being one). It has no bearing on other block designs. Some blocks have dramatic performance and flow decreases if run with the flow opposed to the design.

·
Registered
447 Posts
That article is specific to a singular series of EK blocks (the block in question in this thread not being one). It has no bearing on other block designs. Some blocks have dramatic performance and flow decreases if run with the flow opposed to the design.
Absolutely, its about flow and how restrictive or how less.

·
WaterCooler
4,402 Posts
General rule if it's not clearly marked is that the inlet is the hole that feeds into the jet-plate/microfins of the block.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the tips and info.
I did swap the in/out on the gpu block.
The gpu temp was about 2-3c better now.
However im not happy with it.
Gpu temp is at 49c (stock) after 15min heaven test.
But the cpu temp went from 55c in stresstest to 63c right after i run heaven for 15min.

Ps: the gpu is msi rtx 2070 super.

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,228 Posts
Thanks for the tips and info.
I did swap the in/out on the gpu block.
The gpu temp was about 2-3c better now.
However im not happy with it.
Gpu temp is at 49c (stock) after 15min heaven test.
But the cpu temp went from 55c in stresstest to 63c right after i run heaven for 15min.

Ps: the gpu is msi rtx 2070 super.
are you running your pumps at max?? also what is your ambient, you cannot go below ambient temperatures just FYI..also that would be a given since you added a heat source..are your fans for the radiators pressure optimized??

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
are you running your pumps at max?? also what is your ambient, you cannot go below ambient temperatures just FYI..also that would be a given since you added a heat source..are your fans for the radiators pressure optimized??
Pump at 50% (all the time)
22c room temp
Fans are 3 noctua 120 and 2 noctua 140.
3x 120mm running @ 900~ 1350rpm
2x 140mm running @ 800rpm (all the time)

Edit: and one 140mm at the back also running at 800rpm all the time

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,228 Posts
Pump at 50% (all the time)
crank it up..

for the fans, ordinary fans won't cut..it has to be pressure optimized..been there, done that..ordinary fans are a waste of money (specially the RGB ones), go save yourself some trouble and buy pressure optimized fans..

EDIT: some of my personal recommendations for the fans

Arctic P series and Bionix (bionix is a tad expensive but the bearing used is more quiet and offers longer lifespan and lower heat)
Noctua PF series, some AF series has some good static pressure figures as well..just go look for something above 2.2mmh2o (personally this is my minimum requirement, more would be best but would depend on your rad's fin density, the finer the fin density, the higher static pressure figures you might want to use)
ID Cooling (China) has some good non-RGB pressure optimized fans that are quiet and are on par with Arctic P series and alot cheaper, I particularly refer to the 12025SD series..
EK Vardar's are good but expensive..YMMV

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, however i have one ide i have been thinking about, that will not cust me any more :)

So i have a extra res/pump, and i have been thinking about running that one just for the gpu.
So 1 for gpu and 1 for cpu.
The only problem is that is to tight in the chassi and the res/pump must be lying down.
I don't know if that will give me problem (with air) ?
Automotive tire Drum Idiophone Membranophone Rim

·
Cheesebumps!!
3,228 Posts
Thanks, however i have one ide i have been thinking about, that will not cust me any more :)

So i have a extra res/pump, and i have been thinking about running that one just for the gpu.
So 1 for gpu and 1 for cpu.
The only problem is that is to tight in the chassi and the res/pump must be lying down.
I don't know if that will give me problem (with air) ?
View attachment 2534033
you'd rather just separate them in each loop on their own..since you have 2 pumps..also by the looks of it, you already have the best fans from Noctua..so you don't have to buy TBH..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts