1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
I vote a big YAY on that one. I know that the Silverprops were having problems mounting on the 6800 series, oops, it looks like they fixed that problem with the mounting hardware. Go for it!! Also, what about the DangerDen block? Those work very well also, unless you are going for the "bling" factor.

• Rep+
Reactions: NiZ

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
I've been looking at buying the same HSF and i was also wondering how well they would perform. I would say, yeah it's good. I'll probably be buying the same one. where are you from

·
Banned
2,363 Posts
i vote yay i heard silverprop are making some of the best gpu blocks out

just to clear things up sloth_boy that aint no hsf its a waterblock LOL

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
looks awsum, but why would u get that when u can get this...4x better
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2...=CoolMaticNV40
Well, theres 2 problems with that block. #1.) The barbs and water pathways are WAY too small. Something like 1/8'' tubing or something like that. #2.) Its made of aluminum. In itself that isnt so bad, but when mixed with a copper block, or copper radiator, it will cause corrosion, and theres nothing you can do about it. DangerDen made the 6800 block out of copper, but unfortunately, it just doesnt perform as well as the Silverprop or the DD Maze 4 block. It's a great idea in theory, just doesnt work well in the real world.

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123
looks awsum, but why would u get that when u can get this...4x better
http://www.highspeedpc.com/Merchant2...=CoolMaticNV40
Ya, I saw that block a while ago.. I was ready the review and I didn't know it was a waterblock until about half-way in when they said "its about time to hook it up to the rad", lol.
I would hook you up with a link for this, but I couldn't find it. It was for a silver GPU block. It was by a no-name company, but it still looked sweet.
BUT it had really small tubing (don't know if it was even standard?)

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
^^ Probably from Germany. They make some really kick-azz looking products over there, and they perform decently well, but almost ALL of them are made for 3/8'' tubing, or less. For some reason, they really like small tubing and low flow-rate pumps over there.
It looks pretty, but just doesnt come close to the DD products.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet looks thats enough be a purchase!

So looks like:
Silverprop Evolution SE CPU block
Silverprop Fusion HL
Ehiem 1250
BIX Radiator - With 2 X 120mm
1/2 Tubing
Cyclindrical Water Tank

Should hopefully have all these parts soonish, can't yet because my comp shop is on holiday.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95
I vote a big YAY on that one. I know that the Silverprops were having problems mounting on the 6800 series, oops, it looks like they fixed that problem with the mounting hardware. Go for it!! Also, what about the DangerDen block? Those work very well also, unless you are going for the "bling" factor.
Oh, yeah DD gear is near to impossible to get in New Zealand. A shame indeed, as I was hoping to installing a RBX or TDX waterblock :***:

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiZ
Oh, yeah DD gear is near to impossible to get in New Zealand. A shame indeed, as I was hoping to installing a RBX or TDX waterblock :***:
Yeah, I hear ya on that one. That's going to be a very nice setup. I do have one suggestion though, I would seriously consider a heatercore over the Black Ice. The Black Ice's just don't perform very well. A single heatercore will perform within 1-2 degrees of a Black Ice Extreme 2. And they are much less expensive. That's my

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95
Yeah, I hear ya on that one. That's going to be a very nice setup. I do have one suggestion though, I would seriously consider a heatercore over the Black Ice. The Black Ice's just don't perform very well. A single heatercore will perform within 1-2 degrees of a Black Ice Extreme 2. And they are much less expensive. That's my

Yeah I know what you mean. I had ordered my parts a little while ago and I wasn't too excited about the BIX. I decided to put my order on hold in which I changed a few parts (I changed: Eheim 1048 > 1250 and Silverprop CPU block VE > Silverprop CPU block SE) however the BIX is the only thing I can't really change. As mentioned many times, NZ is pretty crap for WC components, and since the BIX was so popular everywhere else, this is really the only decent rad here. I'm currently paying a little over $100 for it.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiZ
I'm currently paying a little over $100 for it.
wow, that's pricey. Yeah, NZ and Australia need to get their ***** in gear and get some good stores. Anyone want to go into business with me? {champagne wishes and caviar dreams, lol} Well, at least you have 2 fans. Just make sure it's getting some nice cold air and it should do just fine. I am really curious as to how those Silverprop's perform, as reviews are few and far between. Please keep up posted! And best of luck to ya

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Cool will let you know how it goes. As said, wont be able to get much done as its holiday time for most of us

1 - 15 of 15 Posts