Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a good GPU block that fits the XFX 7970.

Dont know if you need details but it's the black edition double d.

I have D3 max out at 2560x1440, all settings ultra+ so to speak and my GPU runs about 50 Celsius when playing D3 and 33C when idling.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirectOverkill View Post

A little help from this app
http://www.coolingconfigurator.com/step1_complist?gpu_gpus=572
since it looks like reference card all other recent 7970 blocks must go (aqua, Swiftech, Koolance,...) too.
Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuleOfSines View Post

As overkill mentioned, seems to be a reference board so any block designed for reference should work. If you are concerned, Swiftech specifically lists the Double D:
http://www.swiftech.com/komodo-hd7970.aspx#tab3
And, it looks pretty sweet
smile.gif

IMAG0114.jpg
Yeah, it does look sleek and slick as hell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedixJarf View Post

The double D is just a reference board, any reference block will fit it. I personally have EK copper/acetel but ya, that swiftech is freaking slick.
Yeah but Black Edition is not.. they even have special privileges on their website. Black Edition members only.
biggrin.gif

·
Stock
3,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaSushi2 View Post

Thanks.
Yeah, it does look sleek and slick as hell.
Yeah but Black Edition is not.. they even have special privileges on their website. Black Edition members only.
biggrin.gif
Black Edition is the reference design, the only thing to be aware about with the Swiftech Komodo is some HD 7970's have a taller capacitor that may short the card when the water block is installed, however this has been corrected by Swifttech.
Quote:
...XFX has 4 7970s planned; half of which are using AMD's reference cooler, and the other half using XFX's twin fan Double Dissipation cooler. As is traditional with the first wave of customized cards, all of these cards are semi-custom as XFX is using AMD's reference PCB...
SOURCE

thumb.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts