Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My computer with the GTS250 card got a Project 5784 (R4, C90, G278) which has a download of 9/10/2010 and a deadline of 9/25/2010.

I was hoping to have this box down and doing a parts tradeout this morning.

Are these rare? I've never seen a GPU project with a 15 day deadline.

I hope it's worth a lot of bonus points...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
No bonuses, GPUs don't get bonuses


That's definitely a long deadline, some of the new GPU WUs have deadlines this length IIRC
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by mmx+
View Post

No bonuses, GPUs don't get bonuses


That's definitely a long deadline, some of the new GPU WUs have deadlines this length IIRC

Well, that is almost enough for me to just switch the damn thing off then. 15 days? no bonus?

Oh well. 4 more hours. I have to go to Best Buy. I have to go get a H50 so I can OC a rig.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jck
View Post

Well, that is almost enough for me to just switch the damn thing off then. 15 days? no bonus?

Oh well. 4 more hours. I have to go to Best Buy. I have to go get a H50 so I can OC a rig.


GPUs have never gotten bonuses


But they still get very nice PPD
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmx+ View Post
GPUs have never gotten bonuses


But they still get very nice PPD

I meant that it taking that long is enough to make me wanna shut it down for 611 pts. 5% = ~1 hr 20 mins. Too long if you ask me for 611.

I think it's projects like that which were bringing the GTS250's PPD down to 2k a while back.

Oh well...another hour and a half, and I shut that rig down, yank the memory and GPU, plop the H50 on the other mobo and CPU, put the ram and GPU and HD on there too...and fire that bad boy up and install Windows.

Thanks to that 5784, what I should have been done with by 2pm I won't be done with til 10pm.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
That's a long WU


But it's not going to take 15 days to complete, that's just the deadline. Good for people with slower cards
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mmx+ View Post
That's a long WU


But it's not going to take 15 days to complete, that's just the deadline. Good for people with slower cards
Nope, but I got it at 9:53PM last night and it's finishing about 7:30PM tonight...so it's 22 hours to complete...for a 783 credit project and HFM.NET says I am getting now a whopping 657 PPD on my GTS250...

great PPD, huh?


edit: it's my GT240, but still...I should get 2500ppd out of that card...not 650
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jck View Post
Nope, but I got it at 9:53PM last night and it's finishing about 7:30PM tonight...so it's 22 hours to complete...for a 783 credit project and HFM.NET says I am getting now a whopping 657 PPD on my GTS250...

great PPD, huh?


edit: it's my GT240, but still...I should get 2500ppd out of that card...not 650


783pt WUs get nearly 8k PPD on my GTS250


That sucks


I'm just guessing it might be a bad WU
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by AvgWhiteGuy View Post
Did you check and see if the card dropped to 2D clocks somehow? 783's are pretty good PPD for all my cards.
No. I didn't. I just do my folding rigs like Ron Popeil stuff...set it and forget it.

Doesn't matter. That card will be out of that rig in 1 hour. Hopefully I will have the new setup back up by 10pm and loaded with Windows and folding.

Then, I get to play play musical folding rigs on Monday:

New RAM goes into New Setup
New setup RAM goes back into Phenom II x2 setup where it used to be
new setup goes into the HAF922 case
new PSU goes in HAF922 case
HAF922 setup goes into the PhenomII x2 case
HAF922 PSU goes in PhenomII x2 Case
PhenomII x2 setup goes in a new case
PhenomII x2 PSU goes into new case

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
Glad you're done with it
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,679 Posts
You really just have to fold what you get, but I doubt that you'll end up with too many of those. There's a pretty wide range of GPU2 WUs available
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top