Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone. I'm just new here and I'm not sure if I have posted this thread in the correct section. Well, here is my problem.

According to GPU-z, my graphics card is running electrically at only x4?
My graphic card is Palit GeForce GTS450 inserted into the very first PCI-E x16 slot(Navy Blue) of my Asus P8P67 Deluxe (B3) motherboard, which runs electrically at full x16 slot when only one PCI-E x16 slot is populated.

My motherboard:
http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...specifications

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh,, I have tried Furmark and the FPS is the same as before I used this motherboard. But the GPU-z still say it's at x4 even when I'm Furmark-ing, is that okay?
I'll try to reseat the GPU later..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh okay.... I'll put two A60 or two A70(SLI) + GTS 450(For Physx) someday.
... A = Nvidia card generation... Thanks ablearcher

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh Terraprime,, that's a good idea too. I have an extra video card. What if it's because I have missing or excessively worn pins on my GTS450?

I bought my GTS450 just last October 1 and I have only inserted it for three times in its whole life..

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guys, I have tried cleaning the graphic card pins with cloth and eraser. GPU-z still says it's running electrically at x14.. :'( I'm sorry if I'm too noob...

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
it could be gpuz my 5970 is in the 8x slot and gpuz says its 16x but everest shows it is running 8x.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Check your BIOS.
Try another slot.
Try another GPU since it could be the mb
Update the driver??

·
Registered
3,056 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumble243
View Post

Oh Terraprime,, that's a good idea too. I have an extra video card. What if it's because I have missing or excessively worn pins on my GTS450?

I bought my GTS450 just last October 1 and I have only inserted it for three times in its whole life..

Thank you

if there is some missing you should be able to tell from looking at it. and if you have only removed it 3 times then that shouldn't be the problem.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey guys, I'm using somebody's account for now.

I did the following tests::
Test 1:
GeForce GTS450 on PCI-E x16 SLOT 2
Result: CPU-Z and GPU-Z says it runs at x8 (This is what is according to the mobo manual)

Test 2:
GeForce GTS450 on PCI-E x16 SLOT 3
Result: CPU-Z and GPU-Z says it runs at x4 (This too is what is accordance to the mobo manual)

Test 3:
GeForce GTS450 on PCI-E x16 SLOT 1
GeForce 7300GT on PCI-E x16 SLOT 2
Result: CPU-Z and GPU-Z says that GTS450 on SLOT 1 runs at x4 (This is not what is according to the mobo manual)
while 7300GT on SLOT 2 runs at x8 (This too is what is accordance to the mobo manual)

CONCLUSION:
There is something wrong with the PCI-E x16 SLOT 1. Faulty motherboard?

Thank you

1 - 14 of 14 Posts