Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an app that can shutdown the PC if the GPU/(CPU) goes over the set threshold.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I am also Interested!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This was more or less system diagnostic apps and fan speed control. Couldn't find any settings for override temp shutdown.

·
Premium Member
3,690 Posts
Aida64 - File>Preferences>Alerting>New, Alert Trigger>choose sensor and temp, Actions>Shut down system.

HWInfo64 - Sensors>Configure, Select sensor, Enable Alerting, If Value > *Your Temp*, Run a Program "Shutdown.exe /s /f" - you'll need to experiment, I've not tried it as I have Aida64. The /s and /f are for a forced shutdown (apps are immediately closed), You may get issues with permissions if not run as an admin. You may need to run a batch file if HWInfo is unable to add the /s /f switches.

SpeedFan - Configure>Events, If "sensor" > "Your Temp" then "Execute" "Shutdown.exe" "-s -f", again can be problematic with permissions, I found the easiest way to get another "Shutdown.exe" and take full control of it and execute that.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren9 View Post

Aida64 - File>Preferences>Alerting>New, Alert Trigger>choose sensor and temp, Actions>Shut down system.
HWInfo64 - Sensors>Configure, Select sensor, Enable Alerting, If Value > *Your Temp*, Run a Program "Shutdown.exe /s /f" - you'll need to experiment, I've not tried it as I have Aida64. The /s and /f are for a forced shutdown (apps are immediately closed), You may get issues with permissions if not run as an admin. You may need to run a batch file if HWInfo is unable to add the /s /f switches.
SpeedFan - Configure>Events, If "sensor" > "Your Temp" then "Execute" "Shutdown.exe" "-s -f", again can be problematic with permissions, I found the easiest way to get another "Shutdown.exe" and take full control of it and execute that.
Do you have to have Aida64 to autostart with Windows for it to work?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts