Overclock.net banner

GPU not supported or current driver flag, again :(

4093 Views 32 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  The Duke
Why

I had to do a shut down and now the single 8800GT is giving me the FAH flag that the GPU is not supported or the driver is not! This is with just one card installed.
It worked fine with a single card untill I did a reboot a few days later.

Many of you read my last post on this when both twin 8800GT cards were installed with the two step device/driver install when the second card would raise the fah flag 'GPU/driver issue.

OS Xp SP2
I've been through the appropriate method of driver removal in the OS and in safe mode with DCC Pro.
Tried both 182.06 & 181.20 drivers with the full driver removal.
using -gpu 1 for the single card in set up

What the heck am I doing wrong

Also, I have been using the second GPU client (Sys tray for Nvidia) in the advanced download section and had also tried the first one (Sys tray) too.

EDIT:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the third GPU client XP/2003 GPU Console is not the client to use for multiple GPU clients.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
27,668 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
That was where all the issus began.
Sure I had both cards folding but the productivity time was over double so with both cards they were at over 4min/1% as per the log files
where as the single card was at between 1-2min/1%

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke View Post
Also, XP wouldn't let me add the -gpu x to the short cut in the short cuts "Start In" eventhough they were added into the client config at install

You're correct, flags are needed, it's shortcuts that aren't.
You do need to extend the monitor, that's a must.

Have you gone through this guide

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.