Overclock.net banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
876 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

Also, XP wouldn't let me add the -gpu x to the short cut in the short cuts "Start In" eventhough they were added into the client config at install

the shortcuts i linked i made by using the Create Shortcut from the starting .EXE then changing the Start In the defualt locations.

the shortcuts from the installer version cant be changed.

· Premium Member
9,041 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by grunion
View Post

Prior to the 182.08 drivers, yes I needed one in Vista.

really? the new 182.08 allows you to extend w/o dummy plugs now? for cards other than 295 that is.

and duke, did my preset folder work at all?

· Premium Member
51,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by nafljhy View Post
and duke, did my preset folder work at all?
Never got to trying it... I'm also having Modem issues and getting dumped a lot and Comcast will be out tommorow.

Quote:

Originally Posted by markt View Post
If xp didnt allow the flags you did them with a typo, do the flags like this ; C:[email protected] -gpu 0 -advmethods. The spacing HAS to be there properly or it wont work.
- advmethods you say... I've not use that at all.
What advantage or need is the "- advmethods" flag for and is it required for multi GPU setups?

· Registered
1,843 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
View Post

- advmethods you say... I've not use that at all.
What advantage or need is the "- advmethods" flag for and is it required for multi GPU setups?

The -advmethods flag is not required for multi-gpu setups. It allows the client to download new beta wu's (the 420 pointers). The only real advantage right now is that you get less 511 pt wu's.

· Premium Member
51,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
After 4 days of wacked internet access and constat service drops, Comcast just left after installing all new cable to the pole.
So, hopefully, with quality service again, this DC/8800GT XP folding can get resolved.

· Registered
1,351 Posts
or you could just set the -advmethods option to yes in config...

· Premium Member
51,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Now that I have dependable cable after 4 days of dropped service

I've set up one GPU console version to see if at least one card is folding.
My first WU is a 5902 (1680 PPD) and it takes about 6.5min/1% so that equates to about 4000PPD. Not all tht great with the 8800GT 512 currently running at default speeds. The GPU OCing will come later since I'm just testing ATM.

I'll try the second 8800GT 512 later

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.