Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I have a setup that I've been using for a while now and starting today it seems something is different and I can't figure out why.
My system:

i5-3570k @ 4.2Ghz
Corsair h100i
Gigabyte UP4 TH
Corsair 2x4GB 8GB 1600Mhz Ram
SLI Gigabyte GTX 670 OC Windforce 3 - overclocked with +75Mhz on core clock and +250mhz on memory clock
PSU: Corsair HX750w
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
HDD: Western Dig Cav Blue 1TB

before today in any game I played it would perform nearly %100 load, Battlefield 3 especially and my core clock would be steady 1241Mhz during game play. Yesterday I installed my h100i I put it under prime95 test all night without any issues. I reboot the system and started playing BF3 just to notice my cards aren't opperating past %50 load and the clocks are way lower than ever before even with EVGA Precision X still showing overclock set. The voltages are bellow normal while in game. I ran the cards through Unigine Heaven to see if it differed and in Heaven they ran like normal full load, full voltage, perfrect. I ran the benchmark for Hitman and there too it ran my cards near %50 load and low volts.

So my brain is telling me my PSU isn't enough to run my system, I feel I'm wrong with this assumption but that is the first thing that came to mind. Let me know if I'm over looking anything please?

Its like my cards are throttling without temps going over 50c:

Example of BF3 stuck at stock core clock of 980Mhz:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydude025 View Post

Did a little research I am almost 100% sure its not your power supply, sounds like a driver issue, try reinstalling, if that does not help try an older driver and see how it goes
thumb.gif
It definitely not a driver issue. But thank you for trying to help

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well I thought it was fixed...
I've tried drivers and what not and it seems like my cards wont hold an overclock they are now mainly sitting at stock clocks like boost barely is working either. have a look what it does in the benchmark test for hitman absolution:
The stock clock on this card is 980Mhz and I have given it a +80Mhz overclock which usually before 2 days ago would put both cards at 1241Mhz with boost. But like I stated before now they barely EVER run at anywhere near %100 load and hardly ever go above their factory stock clock... I've tested MSI After Burner, EVGA Precision X, uninstalled drivers, installed updated drivers, older drivers... I have a feeling its something really simple and I'm just over looking it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts