Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I am facing a dilemma with my graphics card. GPU-Z shows that it is running at PCI-E x16 @ x4 when the card supports x16. From what i understand I am only getting 1/4 of the bandwidth of my card and thus only 1/4 of the performance. I put the card in the first slot on the motherboard as a suggestion from someone and the whole system is brand new.
Specs are below:
Asus M4a79t Deluxe
AMD Phenom ii x4 965 @3.4ghz
Mushkin 2x2Gb 1600mhz RAM
Corsair HX620 620W
XFX Radeon HD4890
500GB WD caviar black 7200 rpm HDD
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Hmmm, that's not right. Have you tried any other slots besides the first?

As for 1/4 the performance, you should be getting much more than that. I saw a benchmark that the 5870 only lost ~20-30% or so performance from x16 to x4, if I find the benchmark I'll post it.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That's very strange seeing as how your motherboard doesn't ever run x4, even in quadruple crossfire. I guess check to make sure that you have it in the right slot that x16.

EDIT: Also, put your rig in your signature so that people can read it whenever you post. You also shouldn't be getting only 1/4 of the performance. The difference between x16 and x8 isn't that much different, so I doubt it would be 75% less on x4.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I put the card in the third slot and now it is running at x16, but it says it is running at v1.1.
Edit: Do you guys think the motherboard could be faulty, or maybe the psu? Here are the psu readings from HW monitor : VIN1: 1.94v +3.3v: 1.17v +5v: 4.97v VBAT: 3.60v

1 - 4 of 4 Posts