Overclock.net banner

GPU Team Competition Rules

10263 32
There are only a few rules for this competition, but they need to be stated none the less.

**This competition has 3 members per team.**

One card per team member
  • Each member is allowed one video card.
  • Each member is allowed one client per user name.
    If you have a video card with dual cores, you can only fold on one for this competition.

    Substitutions

    Substitutions will be permitted, but the team must follow these guidelines:
  • The member requesting the substitution must be gone for a short time.
    Anything longer than 2 weeks, and the member should be replaced.
  • The substitution must be requested to the folding staff.
  • The new member must follow the same rule - one card/one client.
  • The team must notify the folding staff of the new team member and his/her team username.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Fettered Firewall
Joined
·
3,162 Posts
Aye.. Who are we if we don't have rules!

FOLD ON!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by XFreeRollerX View Post
Something needs to be stated about the number of people in one team.
Thanks, I added that as well.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisC View Post
It's ok to switch from my 8800GT to a GTX 260 right? I just wanted to make sure.
As long as you notify us,(which you are doing now), that's fine.
 

·
Fettered Firewall
Joined
·
3,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DennisC View Post
Ok, good. I'll be switching to it next week when it comes. I'm either selling the 8800GT or putting it in another rig to fold under my other name.
Woot! MOAR PPD!


Grats on the upgrade Dennis
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
15,100 Posts
Just had a thought for multiple GPUs. What if we did allow multiple GPUs but they were capped like the SMP comp? They could be capped at like 6500...just a thought.

Also, please update the OP, we now have 3 members per team
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,901 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wierdo124 View Post
Just had a thought for multiple GPUs. What if we did allow multiple GPUs but they were capped like the SMP comp? They could be capped at like 6500...just a thought.

Also, please update the OP, we now have 3 members per team
That would force everyone to buy another card and what would be the point if they are capped? The point of the gpu competition was to go all out and have no caps.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,889 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Mikecdm
View Post

That would force everyone to buy another card and what would be the point if they are capped? The point of the gpu competition was to go all out and have no caps.

Both points are valid, but it would open the comp up to ATI x2 card owners! which could make for some more teams!
 

·
Is he still around?!
Joined
·
12,077 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sdla4ever
View Post

Both points are valid, but it would open the comp up to ATI x2 card owners! which could make for some more teams!

Nothing is restricting them from entering now. You can run a GX2 just the same as and ATI x2, you just can only have one client running. Nothing is excluding dualGPU-gpus (thats redundant isn't it?
) from folding. Naf is using his 295 remember?
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
18,181 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by repo_man
View Post

Nothing is restricting them from entering now. You can run a GX2 just the same as and ATI x2, you just can only have one client running. Nothing is excluding dualGPU-gpus (thats redundant isn't it?
) from folding. Naf is using his 295 remember?

And remember currently Nvidia cards get tons more PPD than the ATI counterparts. I remember it was the other way around about 2 years back.
 

·
Is he still around?!
Joined
·
12,077 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bluedevil
View Post

And remember currently Nvidia cards get tons more PPD than the ATI counterparts. I remember it was the other way around about 2 years back.

Of course we're walking over ATI's bottom, that's why we're all running GTX200s LOL. (I wish they would get the [email protected] client setup better for ATI though...)
 

·
I TeK things...
Joined
·
18,181 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by repo_man
View Post

Of course we're walking over ATI's bottom, that's why we're all running GTX200s LOL. (I wish they would get the [email protected] client setup better for ATI though...)

I concur. Folding is Folding, no matter matter how small!
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top