Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to upgrade to three monitors. My 460 only supports two. Would it be okay to buy a cheaper card for the third monitor (6770ish) or should I save for the second 460? I do have a motherboard capable of SLI. Most of the games I play are Portal, TF2, Minecraft, and other games like that. I don't need more than a consistent 60 FPS.

·
!
9,170 Posts
I would personally save up the little bit more for the second 460, they aren't incredibly expensive but they offer very good performance especially in SLI. I would recommend keeping an eye out for somebody selling a used one here on OCN.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I would agree, a second 460 for those games, if you will play more demanding games you will want 2gb of vram. They seem pretty cheap on ebay.

What res will you be playing at?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
not sure how nvidia surround works but with eyefinity all screens need to be set at the same resolution. so it will work, but all your screens will have to be set at the lowest resolution of the 3 screens.

So 2 1920x1200 and 1 1920x1080 would all be set at 1920x1080 or 5760x1080

You could save some money and get another low res screen unless you plan to upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
This is if you want to run games on three screens for surround gaming. If not used for surround gaming you can have 3 screens at any resolutions you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts