Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time deciding on if I should buy a GTX 770 now or wait.. ( for what I don't know 8xx?) or even possibly a GTX 760?

I just upgraded my entire rig except for the case + GPU and I've had this gtx 260 for ever now and it's done right by me. Runs bf4 decently with medium settings.

I am about to buy a 770 for $339,http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921
I guess I'm just looking for feel better about my purchase lol who knows.

Should I just bite the bullet and order now or wait 6+ months for 8xx series? I mean I have waited this long.. what do you all think?
redface.gif

·
Premium Member
939 Posts
IMO, Go for it!
thumb.gif

Basically, if you want to enjoy games at higher settings now, then grab a 770 now and enjoy your games and try not to regret it. The waiting game is pretty tough to play and could end up turn from waiting for 8xx to waiting for say 9xx or whatever is next. You made a 260 last as long as you did and can still manage to play games on it, the 770 should do a great job at taking care of your needs for awhile.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
You play at 1920 x 1200 I assume?

I would just grab the 770. You will be able to use it for a long time at that res and its probably better long term value than getting a 760 or waiting to get an 8xx series card for full launch price.
Even with the performance gains maxwell is hinting at.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I'd like to enjoy gaming now and since I just went on a spending spree I kind of got the "urge"

And yes, I am gaming at 1920 x 1200.

I just like getting the most of my purchases and so far all the system I built/upgraded don't owe me anything. I just don't want to regret anything ya know
redface.gif

thanks again for the heads up and open opinions

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
you waited this long so a little bit more wait may prove fruitful - wait i say. Nothing like kicking yourself in the bol.

Anyway the 770 should come down which may let you equate to a 780 when others are snapping up 8xxxx
thumb.gif

i see you have now ordered the gpu - you will see a big difference. enjoy
thumb.gif

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah- I've been trying to wait it out, I wanted to buy this about a month ago and have been gritting my teeth since- until recently I really had no interest in upgrading but no looking back now.

Yeah man! Stacker 830 is a boss, they just don't seem to make them like they used too. I'm still in love with my case haha

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Dude, go for it. I was going to wait for the next gen cards, but when I got my cash together, I was like, F it... and went ahead and bought my new 270x lol. Buy it, enjoy it, and if you find yourself wanting more by the time the 8 series comes out, you can always sell it.
biggrin.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.