Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Computers falling behind with games at the moment, been looking around and found this on clearance for $300 "EVGA GeForce GTX 260+ 896MB Super clocked" do you think this will give me the extra performance or would my cpu bottleneck its performance. Or should I invest that money into lets say new cpu gpu and main ?.

I have the 8800gts 320. atm and I over clocked it, only gave me 2000 more points in 3d mark. But didn't help with games still getting low fps and lagy. I formatted aswell so it's a fresh install with latest drivers.

And a e6850 dualcore 3ghz processor. Tried squeezing what I could out of and and overclocked to a 3.7ghz with aftermarket cooler but would be nice to return it back to a 3ghz or even a slight over clock of a 3.2gz cos it running at 50deg under load wich aint to bad but cooler the better

And a p35 giga board. With 4g of ram.

cheers

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by microman
View Post

dude $300 for a 260 is an insane ripoff also 50c under load is VERY low and almost not believable

should have metioned australian dollars, and 50deg is in winter i would expect when summer hits maybe 60c ?

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
If you can wait for a few months, the next generation of GPU's are just around the corner, you could probably get someting 50% - 100% faster for the same price or buy the older cards for cheap.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
wait a few months i could probaly wait. save more money too =) buy a better card , and get a better psu was about $150 when i got it., looking to get a http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?...oducts_id=5434,. dno if i wait but lol, any one no of a good place in aus to order water cooling parts from ?. pccasegear looks like they have some good brands just want to compaer around to c whats out ther

·
Banned
4,710 Posts
You'' bottlneck a newer card if your only gonna run it at 3Ghz

You need atleast 3.6Ghz

And 50c under load?

I load at 48c and im on water!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by almighty15