Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with watercooling setups and 6800 vid card, did you had to get a "special" water block for it?

I have a Maze4 on my FX5900XT and I am wondering if I could use it with a 6800.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter
For those of you with watercooling setups and 6800 vid card, did you had to get a "special" water block for it?

I have a Maze4 on my FX5900XT and I am wondering if I could use it with a 6800.
the new maze4? it's suppose to already have the holes for each of the graphics cards so it's ready to go right outta the box. i think the only difference is that you'll be using 4 screws for the 6800 and opposed to 2 (maybe) for the 5900xt.

btw, PCnerd how many ramsinks does the 6800 take, 4 or 8?

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail
This is the block you want!
yeah but it's 2.5 times the price as the maze 4 and many people are having contact problems using that one. although if you still want it then look for it on ebay, they're cheaper.

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic
the new maze4? it's suppose to already have the holes for each of the graphics cards so it's ready to go right outta the box. i think the only difference is that you'll be using 4 screws for the 6800 and opposed to 2 (maybe) for the 5900xt.

btw, PCnerd how many ramsinks does the 6800 take, 4 or 8?
That is not the block I have, but mine does have 4 holes.
LL

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
The Maze 4 block on your 5900 WILL NOT work on the 6800. And I would not recommend buying the 6800block, as it just doesnt perform that well, and is very expensive. Go with the new Maze 4 designed for the 6800's.

• Rep+
Reactions: slow'puter

·
Premium Member
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lando95
The Maze 4 block on your 5900 WILL NOT work on the 6800. And I would not recommend buying the 6800block, as it just doesnt perform that well, and is very expensive. Go with the new Maze 4 designed for the 6800's.
Land, my friend. I knew I could count on your experience. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by slow'puter
Land, my friend. I knew I could count on your experience. Thanks!

No problem, anytime!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts