Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my axp cooler and it won't work in the second slot, but when I put it in the one down, it will work fine. When I put it in the first, I get a long beep and a 2b code on my board. What do I do?

·
Scrub since 2010
1,837 Posts
test another graphic card on the 1st slot.. if nothing still works on that 1st slot.. I would honestly RMA that board... 1st slot is extremely important

·
Registered
3,848 Posts
Does that board have a PCIe disable jumper? I'd check to make sure nothing moved there.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
The most logical assessment is that when the card is in the first slot, this new cooler is hitting something that it isn't hitting when it's in the second slot, perhaps causing the card to not go all the way into the slot properly, or causing the component it's in contact with to malfunction.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actualy but the stock cooler back on. The problem is the same.

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I fixed it!!! I had my sata cables to my hdd and ssd the wrong way and they also weren't plugged in all the way. Anyway, thanks everyone!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Willanhanyard
View Post

I fixed it!!! I had my sata cables to my hdd and ssd the wrong way and they also weren't plugged in all the way. Anyway, thanks everyone!

Wow... a SATA cable caused all that hassle? lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts