Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Gigabyte HD 7950 and ax XFX 7970 DD in crossfire on a Crosshair VI board and while seem to be functioning properly GPU-Z states that the Bus Width of the 7970 is only 32 bits - it should be 384 bit like the 7950. See screenshot. Should I adjust the Bus Interface inb the bios to PCIe x8.2 from the default PCIex16/8.1? Is this something even worth worrying about? Also, I have not updated my bios since I installed the board in the fall. I still have ver. 1501 from July 2017 because memory timings were OK out of box at 3200 stable and my system has always run well. Is there any reason to update my bios to a more modern version? Thanks for the advice.

Attachments

·
Iconoclast
30,437 Posts
AM4 only has sixteen CPU connected lanes, so 8x is normal. The 1.1 interface version is also normal for an idle part.

Assuming there aren't any glaring performance issues (and CFX is actually working), the reported 32-bit memory bus is either due to ULPS being enabled and the card being in a low-power state, or a GPU-Z detection error.

A BIOS update wouldn't have any impact on the above, but AMD has recently released microcode updates to mitigate the Spectre 2 vulnerability and it may be worth flashing to the newest version available for that reason.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts