Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just finished putting together my first build. I love it so far.

AsRock Z68 Ex4 Gen3
i7 2600k
16gb GSkill 1600 RAM
120GB Corsair SSD
2TB HDD
Corsair 650w PSU

Now all I need is a GP. I am a student who will be running Adobe Design Suite and AutoCAD Civil 3D

I will most likely not be taking advantage of too much of the 3D aspect of AutoCAD so this is not a deal breaker for me.

Obviously I am going NVIDIA for the reasons that I have read that CS5 uses CUDA and whatnot and that NVIDIA runs ACAD better.

I am also going to be running 2 21.5" Acer monitors.

Looking to keep it under 200$ or less. I would love a workstation card but its just not possible at this point in time

·
Not new to overclock.net
1,588 Posts
Well if youre going to be running large data sets like cad, across two monitors, wouldnt you definitely want the 3gb from the 3gb 580 in the end?

Lightning xtremes all the way, if you can get them
biggrin.gif

http://us.msi.com/product/vga/N580GTX-Lightning-Xtreme-Edition.html

I dont know that you could find something to deal with the data you want to push through it for 200 dollars, and not have any hiccups

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wont be running CAD across both screen, Ill be keeping the work space on one and toolbars and whatnot on the other. This is also how I use the Adobe products. Work space on one screen and toolbars/firefox/documents on the other screen. I also wont be doing any 3D modeling, just 2D construction documents and the like. Really I just need the minimum I can get by with that will still take advantage of the capabilities of CUDA with CS5. I ran ACAD on my old dell laptop on 2 screens... not sure the exact specs but it was top of the line 4 years ago

Thanks for the reply though, I just dont have the budget to go all out right now

1 - 3 of 3 Posts