Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does any1 know of a good agp or pci (not express) i could find 4 my dell inspiron 1150? i don't care what modding i need to do in order to get it to work. so if you could let me know thanks

i have this as my old computer for the basic stuff
like homework and drawing my other one is strictly for gaming

thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoweclipse

does any1 know of a good agp or pci (not express) i could find 4 my dell inspiron 1150? i don't care what modding i need to do in order to get it to work. so if you could let me know thanks

i have this as my old computer for the basic stuff
like homework and drawing my other one is strictly for gaming

thanks in advance!!!!

Most laptop systems do not use an AGP nor PCI card perse.
The components called video cards are only about 1.5" x 1.2X" in the Inspiron 2500 and up.
The 8500 does use a slightly larger component but not anything like you use in a desktop.
If you want to know exactly what is in your laptop. Go to Dell.com and to the link that allows you to see what the original configeration for your system was after the build and ship to you.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dad did most of it. so i really don't know much
i bought the parts he put them in order
i designed the case shell he made it
i am thinkin of selling it to one of my friends though to get a new computer that is more gamer style (alienware/hypersonic/voodoo/extreme, those guys) my computer isn't quite the mobile unit at 18in. wide and 12 in. depth, 2 in. (roughly) thick.

not too effiecient in power either with all the lights
21leds

cool though but not practical for my mobile use.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Geez!!!! 21 LEDs?
They might as well lighten the load and not include a battery at all

My lappy has 11 led's and the battery lasts for about 3 hrs; not bad for an A64 3200

I could prolly throw X700 Mobility Radeon in mine; it'd just take ALOT of $$$

Just get what i've got; runs/stays cool; fast; and it can still play css, bf2, and halo at medium settings.

man i can't wait till you put cathodes on your lappy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts