Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after spending ALL DAY installing a new waterblock and leak testing (with messy results) on my good old QX6700 machine (Umbra, sig) i finally put the old processor in, and go to boot er up.

I get nothing, power to fans is a-ok, but no bios beep, nothing.

I immediately suspect the processor, and after a deep inspection of the mobo pins...

One is broke. Clean off, missing.

So now it looks like i may as well upgrade to an I7 platform. I was hoping this day wouldn't come so soon but eh, i need a PC to game on and tinker (overclock)

So what would you guys recommend? ideally i want the best value for money (i'm not made of it, after all) and intend to use it for serious gaming and overclocking..

What hardware would you recommend?

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
I would recommend either the 2500k or 2600k depending on how far you want to overclock and whether you care about hyperthreading. They are freaking great processors for the money. The best value is the 2500k mated with something like the gigabyte ud3 board. You'll also need some ddr3 memory.

·
Premium Member
5,583 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.