Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some green ram. Not the PCB, that doesn't matter but the heatsinks. I would even paint them if I could get advice on which is easiest to work with.

I've seen some older RAM modules but nothing current.

DDR3 1600 preferably.

·
Premium Member
848 Posts
This is all I can find:
(It's got a high price and it says for AMD in title but the description says it will work with Intel systems too, Unfortunately it's not 1600MHz)

(I've only seen it available in this 8GB Kit
http://www.corsair.com/cmd8gx3m4a1333c7.html

There is other green ram made by corsair (They claim it's a green) but it's much MUCH more of a desert sand with very little green...

(There is 8GB and 16GB Kits of these, maybe 32GB)
http://www.corsair.com/memory/intel-memory-upgrades/quad-channel-intel-memory-upgrade-kits/vengeance-16gb-quad-channel-ddr3-memory-kit-cmz16gx3m4x1600c9g.html

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
i cant seem to find any true green colored RAM.. i supose if you will have to paint them.. if you look through the mod section or do a search there are ways to paint RAM heatsinks. IIRC remove the heatsink/speader and spray paint it with some type of paint used on car engines (forgot the name) so it wont peal or block heat from being dissapated..
smile.gif

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

i cant seem to find any true green colored RAM.. i supose if you will have to paint them.. if you look through the mod section or do a search there are ways to paint RAM heatsinks. IIRC remove the heatsink/speader and spray paint it with some type of paint used on car engines (forgot the name) so it wont peal or block heat from being dissapated..
smile.gif
I figured as much. Probably want to go with something metal, maybe the Ripjaws?

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffleur View Post

I figured as much. Probably want to go with something metal, maybe the Ripjaws?
actually ripjaws i beleive would be the best for this, their heat spreaders are easliy removeable in most cases (thiers always an exception to the rule) plus they are awsome RAM.

actually maybe if you can get the blue babies or even the coarsiar vengence bluies, they would fit into your color scheme from my guess as like blue and green seem to go together. just an idea to save on painting
smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts