Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will keep it simple, built (well got assembled) my first ever rig. I've always used laptops, never had a true feel of pc gaming on my own machine before, so I finally earned some money off my first job and got me a machine!
I more or less have lag free gaming on most titles.

I've never overclocked before, but I'm a fast learner and looking to take things slow. I get along with everybody and don't judge people so yeah

Oh I'm a huge music fan too.
Peace all and good to be a part of this community

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Hi and welcome

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by olli3
Hey welcome to the community Stick around here and your rig will be overclocked in no time

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke
Hi and welcome
Thanks Olli and The Duke! And Olli, I can't wait!

·
Initializing...
23,787 Posts
Hey and welcome to OCN!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by One_Winged_Angel
View Post

Hello, and welcome to OCN!
What kinda music do you listen too?

I'm mostly into metal, more or less just a music fan on the whole. Jazz, classical, etc.
If you ask me favourites, in genres it'd have to be metal and underground rap. I don't listen to commercial rap/hip hop much but I'm big on the underground scenes/artists/labels.
Metal, well death mostly, some hardcore, black, tech/brutal death, grind, power, ermm...you know the drill man, if you want to discuss names, it'd take forever. Maybe sometime soon

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks

I noticed yours is extremely similar. Are you planning to go CF too? I'll be getting an aftermarket cooler soon man, and I'm hoping my 750W cooler master PSU will be enough to support another HD 5770!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DemonSnake
View Post

Thanks

I noticed yours is extremely similar. Are you planning to go CF too? I'll be getting an aftermarket cooler soon man, and I'm hoping my 750W cooler master PSU will be enough to support another HD 5770!

Yea. I'll probably end up going CF eventually. I spent a small fortune on this build and will have to wait till my wallet rebounds.

And to be honest, this whole "you have to have a million watt power supply" craze is a bit silly. I have a 650 watt and ran two 5770s with NO problem. The only reason I don't have it in there anymore is I needed to use one of the small PCIx slots for an eSata card and the extra 5770 was blocking it. I'm not a huge gamer(although I do play from time to time) and find a single 5770 is more than adequate for my needs. I'm more than certain your 750watt beast will be more than enough.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Method2Madness View Post
Yea. I'll probably end up going CF eventually. I spent a small fortune on this build and will have to wait till my wallet rebounds.

And to be honest, this whole "you have to have a million watt power supply" craze is a bit silly. I have a 650 watt and ran two 5770s with NO problem. The only reason I don't have it in there anymore is I needed to use one of the small PCIx slots for an eSata card and the extra 5770 was blocking it. I'm not a huge gamer(although I do play from time to time) and find a single 5770 is more than adequate for my needs. I'm more than certain your 750watt beast will be more than enough.

Good to know man

And yeah, so far there's isn't anything that didn't run on 1920x1080 res on full settings and 4xAA

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderDylan
View Post

Hey welcome to OCN! It's like a home-away-from-home-in-your-home lol

Nice rig and nice interests in music!

Excellent

I've been listening to killswitch engage the last few weeks. And bad religion, god i love bad religion (all puns intended)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts