Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

I have been lurking around the forum and reading some of the knowledge that everyone has posted. I have to say that this site is definitely the best that I've come accross.

I have never overclocked a system much less even built one on my own but that is soon to change as I am planning to put a system together when I get back to the U.S. from my current duties in Iraq.
I bought an Alienware Area-51 Laptop last year and I have not been very pleased with it. It gets very hot too quickly, and gaming performance suffers a great deal.

My goal is build a high performance system and overclock it to extreme performance (with caution of course). I will be going with AMD and nVidia.

It will be a pleasure to meet everyone in this community as I am very excited to have found this site.

-Dave

·
Registered
367 Posts
Good luck with your overclocking ventures
I myself am new to overclocking and when my new computer arrives i will try my fair hand at ocing it

Lets hope you have more success than i am sure to have!

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Hi and WELCOME

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerTrip

Hello everyone.

I have been lurking around the forum and reading some of the knowledge that everyone has posted. I have to say that this site is definitely the best that I've come accross.

I have never overclocked a system much less even built one on my own but that is soon to change as I am planning to put a system together when I get back to the U.S. from my current duties in Iraq.
I bought an Alienware Area-51 Laptop last year and I have not been very pleased with it. It gets very hot too quickly, and gaming performance suffers a great deal.

My goal is build a high performance system and overclock it to extreme performance (with caution of course). I will be going with AMD and nVidia.

It will be a pleasure to meet everyone in this community as I am very excited to have found this site.

-Dave

Hi PowerTrip and Welcome to Overclock!!

BTW - My Thanks to you and all of those overseas doing their best for this country!

I agree with your post. A good AMD cpu and nVidia chipset will work wonders for your gaming experience...

Take care, :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts