Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just at Home Depot for 2 hours now trying to find something i can cover up the cuts. Anyone know where i can get those? or what exactly they are called?

BTW: If you don't know what i am talking about its like rubber where it goes around the place you cut in your case so it doesn't look bad and it doesn't damage your wires.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you guys think they have those in home depot or other chain stores? not online i want to grab some now.

·
Registered
319 Posts
C and U channels should be sold in your local hardware store...

You could also try sheetmetal and a ball peen... that would work too I suppose..

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So I should call and ask for C and u channel rubber thingys? I was at home depot and asked 7 workers there and no one had any idea.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
If you're looking for rubber grommits you can get them at auto part stores. Those are for protecting wires from rough edges on round cut holes. For other shapes you can use c channel. Oddly enough that can be found at auto part stores usually in the form of car door edge guards.

Also if you have a lot of USB or similar cable on hand you can strip the insulation off it and split it by pulling it lenghtwise through the end of a pair of scissors... instant c channel edging.

·
OG AMD
8,880 Posts
Go to your local auto parts store...like AutoZone,O rielly's,Kragen...etc.Be in the HELP section where they sell little odds and ends.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I was just thinking Auto parts store.....

Homedepot workers are numb-nuts.... I asked a guy where the Plasti-Dip was... he sent me over to the power tools......

·
Registered
319 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by doc2142 View Post
car doors? aren't those a bit too big..?
You just cut it with a razor knife... you can 'rip' it, to get thinner strips....

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
I made some cable management holes on my 1200 and asked here the same question you are now asking. Very few new what I was asking about and I had to reference the corsair 800D to get the point across

·
OG AMD
8,880 Posts
Im not talking u channel weatherstrip-Im talking actual rubber (1 piece grommets) made to protect wires from sheet metal,as in wires going through your cars firewall.They come in all sizes.looks like a doughnut.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flexibel_kampfe View Post
I was just thinking Auto parts store.....

Homedepot workers are numb-nuts.... I asked a guy where the Plasti-Dip was... he sent me over to the power tools......
Yup, I made the mistake of trying to find techflex at home deopt. The guy looked at me like I was from another planet, said he had been working in electrical for 20 years and had never heard of such a thing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts