Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the deal...

Currently im at work and we decided to try and set the same wallpaper for all of our 1100 domain users.

Ofcourse we got down to testing (i mean I did
smile.gif
), and it turns out its quite simple to do so, but what im also interested about is if I set the same desktop wallpaper (via User Configuration-Administrative Templates-Desktop-Desktop-Desktop Wallpaper) for all users, how do I go back ot setting all users to have no wallpaper but just a one color background?

I managed to do something, like that, when i set a new desktop wallpaper (1x1 px image with a solid color fill) but then my users cant change the wallpaper, and i want them to be able to change it.

When i set the "Desktop Wallpaper" in the GPO to Not Configured users can change the wallpaper and the background but the old Wallpaper (that we set before is still active)....

So let me sumarize what im in need of:

1. To set the same wallpaper for all 1100 domain users, without them being able to change it. (already done it)

2. Have a failsafe, for when 300 or so users go berserk, so i can revert the settings above and display only the solid color background to all 1100 users with the ability of them changing the wallpaper and the background. (having trouble with it, since i can set a policy to be "not configured", but the old wallpaper sticks on until a user changes it)

Anyone pampered with it or has any idea how to do it?

P.S. sorry if its the wrong section...

·
Super Moderator
3,634 Posts
Hi.

Are those rigs with problematic policy using Windows 7?

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by saint19;12999397
Hi.

Are those rigs with problematic policy using Windows 7?
Servers are Windows 2008 R2, and user PC's are Windows XP SP3...

I know the problem with Windows 7, and the black background showing instead of wallpaper, but unfortunately thats not the problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts