Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, I have a RAID 0 setup with Windows 7 on it. My other hard drive has both Windows Vista and Ubuntu 10.4 on it. When I boot the computer, GRUB comes up and only lists Vista and Ubuntu. (the two on the single hard drive) How do I get GRUB to recognize Windows 7 on the other hard drives?

·
No desktop currently :(
2,134 Posts
If my personal struggle with it yielded correct results, GRUB just can't access hardware RAID arrays. I may have missed something though.

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is there any way to skip GRUB so I can just boot the RAID away anyway?

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nevermind, I got it to work. I manually added an entry to GRUB and told it to go to (hd0,1) and it works, but it then took me to the Windows boot loader. Since I don't want to go through both, I think I'll hide GRUB and set (hd0,1) as default... I think I can do that.

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
You won't be able to boot into windows Linux w/grub hidden. Though does your windows boot loader have multiple options?

[edit] lol It is bedtime. =( Back to my SG Atlantis!

·
Aliexpress shopper
922 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by mushroomboy
View Post

You won't be able to boot into windows Linux w/grub hidden. Though does your windows boot loader have multiple options?

[edit] lol It is bedtime. =( Back to my SG Atlantis!

It did, but when I choose Ubuntu I get an error, haha. Anyway, I set the GRUB menu to 1 second with Windows 7 as default. So if I do boot Ubuntu I can just arrow key up real quick.

·
Premium Member
6,819 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CHUNKYBOWSER
View Post

It did, but when I choose Ubuntu I get an error, haha. Anyway, I set the GRUB menu to 1 second with Windows 7 as default. So if I do boot Ubuntu I can just arrow key up real quick.

Just force your Windows boot loader to only boot windows with no wait? That way you could give grub more time?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts