Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
kgynhnh.png

http://www.gamepur.com/news/13979-battlefield-4-now-has-annoying-game-advertisements-nfs-movie-others-during-.html
Quote:
Now here is another perfect example of why consumers hate Electronic Arts so much and have voted for them as Worst Company for two consecutive years. The publishers have added some in-game advertisements of upcoming movies like Need for Speed and others in Battlefield 4 (probably one of the Buggiest game in the franchise history).

The worst part is that Battlefield premium subscribers who paid some extra $$$ to EA for subscription also have to face these annoying in-game ads.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
I actually like this idea as long as they are like billboards in the game. I always hated looking at fake ads. I don't know why. I think its more realistic.

EDIT: After seeing the image you posted i'm seething.

·
Registered
561 Posts
If it's only on the loading screen why would people care ?
probably because it will be another reason to hate EA

Won't bother me, it's not like you have a strong gameplay on ... the loading screen.

The flashing Admin message on the middle of the screen WHILE playing is however REALLY annoying.

·
Registered
5,744 Posts
Whelp that sums it up for me... BF4 is my last EA purchase.
I can deal with in-game ads such as on billboards or TV's in the game, which are cleverly done. Blatant in your face Ads are obnoxious and not what I bought the game for.

i'm assuming these are not streamed but actually sit on my computer somewhere, taking up my hard drive space. I paid a license for BF4 not for an ads storage.

If there is any legal action you can bet I'll be signing that electronic document.
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Well, it's NFS crap which belongs to EA so it's normal.

What i afraid is it's gonna be a trend and every developer will follow it in next titles. If they're gonna get advertisements in games, i except a price drop from the price.

Make your horrible stupid games and release them from 29.99 with pubs instead of 59 or 69 and it'll be fine

·
Registered
345 Posts
Really.
Really?

doh.gif

·
Premium Member
6,636 Posts
Based on the zealousness that BF4 players defend their franchise, I'm sure they feel that in-game AD's are AWESOME!

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
lol more EA in your face

BF franchise is ruined by EA IMO, they can never get it right

the only reason i own BF4 is because it came bundled with my GPU, campaign on it is almost non existent and MP is impossible to join in. so much for backshafting AMD for trying to support your game

·
Intel Overclocker
266 Posts
The more stories I hear, the happier I am that I passed on supporting EA on BF4. Don't plan on giving EA money anytime soon in the near future.

We already get smothered with advertisements as it is. Why do they feel it is right to shove this in front of you for a game you paid for?

I try to distance myself from advertisements as much as possible, how ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Oh you have GOT to be kidding me. EA really has some nerve. They know customers hate them and their public perception is at an all-time low. And then they have the balls to go ahead and do this. Ads are acceptable in a free-to-play game. I paid $120 in total for BF4 and Premium and yet they need even more revenue from ads? What a pathetic money-grab. And people think Activision is the worst when it comes to money-grabs. EA takes the cake.

This will absolutely be the last EA purchase for me, no exceptions. Disgusting.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,787 Posts
I regret my purchase of BF4 to this day. All the unoptimized crap I had to put up with, and now this......im done. RIP BF series.

·
He bought?
2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

I actually like this idea as long as they are like billboards in the game. I always hated looking at fake ads. I don't know why. I think its more realistic.
IIRC Battlefield 2142 had them I believe, I think it was cool seeing some hardware related ads ingame like "Intel's Battle Tested Processor" on billboards and building walls.

Anywho, since I can't open the source link as I'm at work reading this, I won't comment my stance towards this move.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamhollywood5 View Post

Oh you have GOT to be kidding me. EA really has some nerve. They know customers hate them and their public perception is at an all-time low. And then they have the balls to go ahead and do this. Ads are acceptable in a free-to-play game. I paid $120 in total for BF4 and Premium and yet they need even more revenue from ads? What a pathetic money-grab. And people think Activision is the worst when it comes to money-grabs. EA takes the cake.

This will absolutely be the last EA purchase for me, no exceptions. Disgusting.
issue is they think and know they are like the cable company in southpark and can get away with it and lets be honest they have

·
Registered
204 Posts
Honestly, I don't see much of a problem with the current implementation. But given EA track record, I'd fight the hell out of this to prevent it from going any further like the author of the article speculated. But since I'm not spending another penny on something that has EA attached to it, I'll spend my time fight other issues that actually matter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

Did you even read the article? No need to answer because your post says you didn't. There are ads at the main menu and loading screen, not on billboards in-game. Hell, if you like ads on billboards go pick up Sim City (or whatever it's called).

On a side note, just because you paid for premium doesn't mean jack crap when it comes to "how wrong" something is. If the terms of premium said that you would be excluded from ads then it would be an issue but it doesn't. So that whole statement is grade A titty baby whining. BTW, I'm referring to the article, not someone's post.

·
Intel Overclocker
266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akromatic View Post

issue is they think and know they are like the cable company in southpark and can get away with it and lets be honest they have
Only because people blindly buy the next Battlefield game because it's "their" game.

Wake up and smell the roses people.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnic41 View Post

Only because people blindly buy the next Battlefield game because it's "their" game.

Wake up and smell the roses people.
try that to apple converts, and i really dont want to bring religion onto the topic but im sure you know which im referring to

same deal with blizzard and COD series, all they hype with them being a AAA title lets them get away with anything afterall you have spend almost $100 on it and its not like you are going to get your money back and it has no resell value.

1 - 20 of 240 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.