Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Alongside the Steam page for Watch Dogs, Ubisoft has also unveiled two new screenshots for its upcoming open world title, showing the game's inventory system. Contrary to other games pausing the action of a game, Watch_Dogs will feature a floating window via which players can access Aiden's inventory.
Source:DSO
Source:GS





I hope Ubi delivers with this game, it looks as if it has a ton of potential.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,467 Posts
Those are some pretty awful screenshots tbh. Menu looks "eh".

Gonna go out on a limb and say this has been (and will continue to be) overhyped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Looks no where near awful......
Well I certainly wouldn't say it's very good looking (that second shot - is that just a bitmap of some ropes? lol)

Not what I saw at the PS4 E3 demo, that's for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

quick question.

according to sources, like http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4546&game=Watch%20Dogs

the reccomended hardware for ultra setting is an i7 3770k or fx 8350. (basically meaning an 8 thread CPU)

can i still run ultra with a i5 4670? why do u need 8 core? can 4 core max it out?
These publishers throw out huge numbers all the time. Remeber Ghost with the like 6GB requirement in the beginning. They always just pick the highest end consumer model for the CPU from AMD and Intel (like around $300 and lower), then half the time the GPU recommendations make absolutely no sense in that they'll recommend for AMD like a 7970 and for Nvidia a 560ti. I highly doubt it would actually require an i7. I'm only aware of Crysis 3 and Battlefield 4 being well threaded beyond 4 cores. Going off Assassin Creed 4 which required a quad core but barely used more than two cores, I'm sure its just normal marketing specs inflation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGreasy View Post

These publishers throw out huge numbers all the time. Remeber Ghost with the like 6GB requirement in the beginning. They always just pick the highest end consumer model for the CPU from AMD and Intel (like around $300 and lower), then half the time the GPU recommendations make absolutely no sense in that they'll recommend for AMD like a 7970 and for Nvidia a 560ti.
i know,

but lets say the reccomened specs were actually true for arguments sakes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
451 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

i know,

but lets say the reccomened specs were actually true for arguments sakes.
I suppose if it was true that a game required an 8 core CPU, you would need that to max it out. But an 8350 and a 3770k are not alike in performance. An i5 4670 is better than an 8350 in gaming. The only games I think the 8350 is as good is Crysis 3 and that's because that game scales with cores really well. No Ubisoft game to my knowledge has been threaded all that well to even have the much significant difference past 2 cores.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axizor View Post

Well I certainly wouldn't say it's very good looking (that second shot - is that just a bitmap of some ropes? lol)

Not what I saw at the PS4 E3 demo, that's for sure.
I know right? You'd think we'd be past that.
 

·
OCN vet
Joined
·
1,850 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

i know,

but lets say the reccomened specs were actually true for arguments sakes.
You are answering your own question. If they are true then you would need 8 threads to max out.... Derrrr
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by axizor View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by theturbofd View Post

Looks no where near awful......
Well I certainly wouldn't say it's very good looking (that second shot - is that just a bitmap of some ropes? lol)

Not what I saw at the PS4 E3 demo, that's for sure.
Then to the other side is a model, of a pile of some ropes.

I don't see the reason for complain, Im sure most games would have simply removed the wheels wrapped in rope.jpeg altogether by release.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,447 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinoxide View Post

Then to the other side is a model, of a pile of some ropes.

I don't see the reason for complain, Im sure most games would have simply removed the wheels wrapped in rope.jpeg altogether by release.
And then include it as dlc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
464 Posts
I really like this idea of not having to "leave" the game to get to your menu. Should help keep you more immersed in the game. I for one can not wait for this release. I'm liking everything I see so far.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,421 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMKR View Post

quick question.

according to sources, like http://www.game-debate.com/games/index.php?g_id=4546&game=Watch%20Dogs

the reccomended hardware for ultra setting is an i7 3770k or fx 8350. (basically meaning an 8 thread CPU)

can i still run ultra with a i5 4670? why do u need 8 core? can 4 core max it out?
looking at the recommended vs ultra requirement gave me a good laugh. are those official from Ubisoft? lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,956 Posts
Watchdogs is a top seller before release to no surprise but people preordering for....
Quote:
Pre-purchase Watch Dogs™ or Watch Dogs™ Deluxe Edition and receive the Blume Agent Pack:

Blume Agent Outfit
Blume Weapon Perk: Less recoil on shots
lachen.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,291 Posts
Very excited for this. Getting it for ps4.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
231 Posts
Gotta say those screenshots; even being just a shot of the inventory system, were particularly bland.
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top