Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Many reviewers described Bethesda Softworks' Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion as being cinematic in its vast scope. Now, the publisher's parent company, ZeniMax Media, is taking that interpretation literally by registering a trademark for a feature film based on the game.
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6275492...dlines;title;2

I hope this comes to fruition. The main storyline has so much potential, although chances are it will just be a stupid B-grade fantasy movie like the D&D ones.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
It could end up having a Lord of the Rings meets The Neverending Story vibe, but hopefully even cooler.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Don't import the TES to cinema. Just remove the stupid facelocked conversations from the game and make it cinematic instead, like Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed.
No a cinematic Oblivion would be bad. 10 hour cut scenes are boring to watch.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
Don't import the TES to cinema. Just remove the stupid facelocked conversations from the game and make it cinematic instead, like Mass Effect or Assassin's Creed.
That would be hilarious if 80% of the movie was that weird face-locked monotone banter from 2 feet away.

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Can I have an Elder Scrolls V first??

Pretty pretty please with a kitten holding a cherry on top??

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
I'm 100% positive if a movie is ever made of Elder Scrolls it WILL be a B grade movie just like those crappy DnD movies.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
Gee, I really hope we get to see the main character go through 500 Oblivion Gates, because that was by far the most interesting and fun part of the game. I also hope the Gamesbyro engine is powering the movie, otherwise it will have terrible animations!

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou View Post
No a cinematic Oblivion would be bad. 10 hour cut scenes are boring to watch.
Old Snake:You... you really mean that?

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
I'm 100% positive if a movie is ever made of Elder Scrolls it WILL be a B grade movie just like those crappy DnD movies.
We need James Cameron.

I would actually prefer a Shivering Isles movie, but maybe they could incorporate it. Oh and get Johnny Depp to play Sheogorath.

Heres the pitch: Lord of the Rings meets Avatar meets Alice in Wonderland.

I'd pay to watch that.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
Heres the pitch: Lord of the Rings meets Avatar meets Alice in Wonderland meets The Little Mermaid meets Cheech and Chong meets Road Trip meets Planet Earth meets Friday meets Texas Chainsaw Massacre meets Turner & Cooch (rated MA)
Fixed.

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
maybe.. they'll do a backstory kind of thing...

I think that would be cool, even though it'll have a limited audience...

perhaps don't do a major release, but a limited release, fans will mos def come if it at least pertains accurately to the story

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris View Post
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6275492...dlines;title;2

I hope this comes to fruition. The main storyline has so much potential, although chances are it will just be a stupid B-grade fantasy movie like the D&D ones.
No. God no. Oblivion's storyline was just drowse-inducing, especially when compared with Morrowind. This goes for the visual and audio environment as well.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
I love the Elder Scrolls, but this will suck if it ever sees the light of day.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts