Overclock.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The BlackBerry 10 OS launch is fast approaching and we already got to learn the specs of RIM's upcoming BlackBerry L-Series phone. Turns out, there's a much more interesting device in the pipeline dubbed the BlackBerry 10 Aristo.

Revealed in a leaked specifications slide, the Aristo (Greek for "the best") is rocking some serious processing power under the hood and, if the info is trustworthy, this is set to be quite the beast.
Source 1

Source 2

I loved my BB when I had it. I know they are struggling now, but maybe this will get them back in the running.
At least hardware wise, they are back into it with what is listed.

We will have to wait and see I suppose....

§

EDIT: Figured I would post some more specific info about the phone itself.
Crackberry website

More specific info about the operation of the phone and such.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
I've never been a BB fan, but I'm hoping this works out for them. I love competition.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would have to agree. They fell behind when I did my last upgrade in March of 2011. Perhaps if they get aggressive with the new OS and phone designs I will join them again?

Currently I am considering the Lumina 920, Optimus G Nexus (going to dub that the LGOGN) as my next phone, but we will have to see how those turn up when they are released.

Bring more competition!!!!
§

·
Registered
4,787 Posts
Im only getting a BB10 device if theres one like the torch, I dont want BB to make a phone with a keyboard coming out the side of the phone, I want it exacly like the torch, Why is this so hard? I dont care if it costs £600 that phone does everything i want.

Dells venue pro was a lot like the torch, And surely having both functions is better than 1

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Don't worry they already said there will be an all touch device, and one with the traditional keyboard. From what Ive seen of this OS, it looks and functions well. The only question is how well will the Application ecosystem work, these days that is as important as having a functioning phone.

I've never used a BB, I really like the design and user interface so far. I might ditch the droid and try them out!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I am kind of excited about what I am hearing from RIM. Windows and Android are making lots of noise right now with their products.

The torch of old I didn't like. Something just rubbed me wrong about it. Hopefully the new stuff is much better, and I think it will be.
§

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Frosty View Post

BB....lol....
How insightful... I woud like to thank you for your expertise and vast knowledge on the subject. Your contribution has been immensly helpful.....

I updated the OP with more info, for those that would like to see more specific info about the phone and its functions.
§

·
Zeon
601 Posts
Woah look at those specssss nice I might be getting this lol

·
Registered
5,699 Posts

·
Laptop Enthusiast
9,713 Posts
2GB RAM just for the OS...
drool.gif
Wow... this is a massive upgrade from previous phones.
biggrin.gif

·
Zeon
601 Posts
But isn't BB 10 getting released Q1 of 2013 ?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post

But isn't BB 10 getting released Q1 of 2013 ?
thats a third device to be released around summer 2013

·
Registered
6,119 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Issued BB's from work. I've grown to like them over the years, although the bold has been pretty crappy. I like the physical buttons, and the os is extremely secure, though it lacks apps. Looking forward to seeing what rim has to offer.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.