Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
The Nokia N1 comes with a 7.9-inch 2,048x1,536 pixel touchscreen display and an Intel Atom Z3580 chipset with a 2.3 GHz quad-core CPU and 2GB of RAM. There's 32GB of storage, , an 8 MP rear camera, a 5 MP front snapper, and a 5,300 mAh battery on board. The slate runs Android 5.0 Lollipop with Nokia's Z Launcher on top.
Quote:
Nokia is expected to launch the N1 tablet in Europe in February.
Source: http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_n1_launches_in_china_with_a_260_price_tag-news-10672.php

For the price, it's actually sounding pretty good. Especially as Nokia's 1st independent take on an Android device
smile.gif

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
I hope the Atom chips have come a long way from my ThinkPad Tablet 2 days because the video playback and performance was just terrible on it compared to any iPad or Android tablet I could of used. Then again running Android instead of Windows 8/8.1 should make things much easier and perform better on this tablet then what I've experienced with Lenovo and the Dell Venue.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

I hope the Atom chips have come a long way from my ThinkPad Tablet 2 days because the video playback and performance was just terrible on it compared to any iPad or Android tablet I could of used. Then again running Android instead of Windows 8/8.1 should make things much easier and perform better on this tablet then what I've experienced with Lenovo and the Dell Venue.
Yeah, the Atom Z670 had the original Bonnell microarchitecture using PowerVR GPU.... sloooooooooooow. (I have an original Atom netbook and a Atom based router.)

The newer Silvermont cores with Gen 7 Intel HD Graphics are vastly better.

However, it might pay to wait for Airmont cores with Gen 8 Intel HD Graphics due this year.

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post

Yeah, the Atom Z670 had the original Bonnell microarchitecture using PowerVR GPU.... sloooooooooooow. (I have an original Atom netbook and a Atom based router.)

The newer Silvermont cores with Gen 7 Intel HD Graphics are vastly better.

However, it might pay to wait for Airmont cores with Gen 8 Intel HD Graphics due this year.
It was so slow I can remember the struggling 480p video playback...it was to the point I'd steal my mom's iPad mini and use that to watch anything. I thought the Venue's from Dell with the slightly better quad core Atoms (previously I had dual core w/ HT) would be an improvement but I returned that in no time at all.

That's good the Atoms have came a long way from my fond memories lol. Improving the video performance is greatly needed, and knowing Intel it does pay to wait for the new stuff. I wish I waited for the newer chips to be put into the Surface (would LOVE more battery life on this thing) tablets but I always seem to be too impatient.

But I've only had experience of Atoms on Windows 8 and 8.1, so I would like to image they perform better in a Android environment.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogon View Post

The intel atom baytrails are awesome, I just picked up a Linx 7 tablet for peanuts. Thought i'd download half life 2 and steam just for the hell of it and it runs it no problem! Not sure if any phones will be using the same chip though.

oh and forgot to mention is can play 1440p videos from youtube no problem, not that the screen supports 1440p
tongue.gif

·
Registered
4,981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slinkey123 View Post

The intel atom baytrails are awesome, I just picked up a Linx 7 tablet for peanuts. Thought i'd download half life 2 and steam just for the hell of it and it runs it no problem! Not sure if any phones will be using the same chip though.

oh and forgot to mention is can play 1440p videos from youtube no problem, not that the screen supports 1440p
tongue.gif
Yeah I'm not sure if that 7" Dell Venue I used was using that, or CloverTrail. Either way glad to hear they can do youtube playback @ 1440p! I couldn't even use YouTube on mine lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post

why put android when you can put windows???
It is their first Android tablet (I think), that could be why
tongue.gif
. Plus it might be cheaper to be using Android over Windows OS but I doubt that's a reason why it's Android only.

·
Politically incorrect
9,463 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post

why put android when you can put windows???
Win 8.1 on 32GB of EMMC? After a few updates you'll realise why even cheap Chinese tablets are going with 64GB.

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liranan View Post

Win 8.1 on 32GB of EMMC? After a few updates you'll realise why even cheap Chinese tablets are going with 64GB.
I mean, is it that much more expensive to go from 32 to 128gb?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts