Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you disable vsync in your game settings when using gsync?

I'm using temporary a 1060 gigabyte with my 2k 165hz Predator monitor, and the little vga is surprising me. I just have a doubt , when in game (destiny 2) i have to disable vsync? I've 80/90 fps in 2k without vsync active a little bit less if active, but i would Iole to know if i will have advantagea activating vsync on a gsync monitor

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Gamer
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgang View Post

Do you disable vsync in your game settings when using gsync?

I'm using temporary a 1060 gigabyte with my 2k 165hz Predator monitor, and the little vga is surprising me. I just have a doubt , when in game (destiny 2) i have to disable vsync? I've 80/90 fps in 2k without vsync active a little bit less if active, but i would Iole to know if i will have advantagea activating vsync on a gsync monitor

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

my understanding of the subject is vsync would only be used once you exceed the refresh rate of your monitor, but then you are also subject to input lag of vsync

·
Registered
989 Posts
Correct. What you should do with G-sync is set the FPS limit to 1 less than your monitors refresh rate. There are long videos on this from Battlenonsense on YouTube.

·
Gamer
1,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8051 View Post

What about triple buffering? Should that be turned off when using G-sync?
I would think that it'd be a waste having it on, Triple buffering helps enhance vsync, but gsync doesnt required buffered frames.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts