Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi..my friends...the tittle pretty much says...wat i need..

Ok..i do now tat that card is a week(gt expereince gt 520(nice for price)).
Any hw i'm really on tight budget now....just a card is good(i stick on nvidia)

Futher..well i only game on 1440x900....i do know this card is slow to utilise the 2gb ram
Bt here is the conflict.....
1gb ddr5 is fast...hw ever this chip is nt tat fast to utilise it...
Won't it still be better than ddr3 ..i mean i should be able to crank setting to medium or medium high(i have seen tat on my eyes) for games like BF3.And don't games like bf3(demanding..i can lower it's setting to make it playable.)use more ram to run faster or use faster ram instead. Games like cod:mw3 or black ops..
this games will run fast on this card(coz my gt520 runs them fairly well at max set).Let say if play this games at 1080p..won't it need more ram like 2gb.....or does still consume less than 2gb but need to be processed faster(ddr5)....(1080P IS FUTURE PLAN..AND I CAN PLAY WITHOUT AA AT ALL)

On other hand dd3 2gb is just fast enough bandwith for IT and have more breathing room at 1080p(i mean for play games like most wanted..not crysis2 or bf3)....
Bt again wat should i choose more ram but enough bandwith or less ram and fast bandwith......................
People say game are to utilise more than 2gb......So,will be the benefit lying on bigger RAM or faster????
Pls guys...i need this help.....give detailed explanationm

Enough(1gb) bt faster ram
Or more ram with enough bandwith........

·
Premium Member
5,241 Posts
As I'm not going to attempt to read through the rambling and lack of punctuation, the DDR5 mode is faster than the DDR3 and the 430 is not fast enough to utilize 2GB.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I can't tell if this is about the 520 or 630, but in both cases go for the GDDR5 version. By the time you need more than 1GB you need more processing power than the GPU can deliver making it rather useless. The faster memory will be a lot more useful.

Really the best thing to do is save up for a better card, but if you really need something now, get one with faster memory.

Edit: reading your post again it seems you have a GT520 and are considering upgrading to a GT630. If so, don't bother. Save up for a stronger card; if you buy a cheap, weak card now you'll be doing the same thing when some more demanding games come out. A decent card will stay with you for a while, and will be a much better investment even if it costs more initially.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Upgrading from a 520 to a 630 won't be satisfying, it's an upgrade but nothing that justifies the money you pay.
Save up and buy a decent card, around GTX 650 ( Ti ) or HD Radeon 7750/7770.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup...i gt u BT u see this gt 520 was sold second hand for pretty high price and i just top up abt USD30.00 the gt 630.The remaining budget....need to upgrade my playform first...i3 or i5
biggrin.gif
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts