Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
A private meeting took place discussing the future of Bungies "Destiny". A leak has risen showing the future or possible DLC that they will release
Source

Didnt want to qoute the whole post as its not aloud unless a mod can give me the permissions
smile.gif

The the image that was leaked:
The DLC
Quote:
EP2: House of Wolves -Release Date: March 10, 2015

To the list of destinations included the ' Atoll (Reef). In fact, it seems that the ' Raid of this DLC will be right there!

New Missions: 3
New Assaults: 1
New Public Events: 0
New patrols: 0
New Raids: 1
New maps PvP: 4
Also here is not written anything about the weapons / armor, but it is almost certain that it will be added other.

COMET: Plague of unreadable * * - Release Date: September 2015

First, there appears to be a new destination, " Nave Hive "(Hive Ship) and certainly will be explored given the addition of a new Patrol.

New Missions: 12
New Assaults: 4
New Public Events: 1
New patrols: 1
New PvP maps: 6
And not only that, the expansion "Comet" goes beyond the addition of new activities, also including:

(To be confirmed) New Subclasses: 3
New types of weapons: 2
(To be confirmed) Base Level: 30
The last item could mean that the exit of the level reached by the Comet XP gets up to 30 (and then 40 with the equip) or that the basic level of the missions will be 30, but it seems very possible the rise of the maximum level.

After the release of the expansion Comet we will see two more DLC, probably still in the early stages of development and where the contents are then to be taken even more with the pliers:

EP 3: Vex

New Missions: 3
New Assaults: 2
New Public Events: 0
New patrols: 0
New Maps PvP: It is not clear, but most likely we will see some.
EP 4: Forge of Gods

This expansion is probably still in the early days of its development and therefore do not know anything, except the name.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
And they expect us to pour our cash into this horrible game. I'm getting what I can from my copy and I'm out for greener pastures.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT View Post

And they expect us to pour our cash into this horrible game. I'm getting what I can from my copy and I'm out for greener pastures.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
127 Posts
I was so mad at how bad Destiny was that I sold my PS4. It was the only game I wanted to play on a console. Absolutely, astronomically disappointing.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusHavok View Post

I was so mad at how bad Destiny was that I sold my PS4. It was the only game I wanted to play on a console. Absolutely, astronomically disappointing.
I'm curious. What was so bad about it? I keep hearing how bad it was, but never really got the full story.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrawesome421 View Post

I'm curious. What was so bad about it? I keep hearing how bad it was, but never really got the full story.
Have you ever seen "Grandma's boy?" Remember when they change just the color of bad guys as the levels progress to save money? That's destiny. A great idea that was rushed and cheap.

·
Needs more voltage
503 Posts
Quote:

Just a ton of wasted potential.

The universe presents in interesting premise, but literally nothing is ever explained. The only things ever explained in-game are that the Traveler was discovered on Mars, brought humanity into a new technological age by teaching us to to use "Light" though what this force is and how the Traveler (which is just a giant sphere more or less) taught us is never explained.

Anyways, learning how to use Light drew attention from enemies of the Traveler, the forces of Darkness. Exactly what they are, or why their goal is to snuff out all Light, or what would happen if they did is also never explained. Thus began the war between Light and Dark, and we're losing. People who can manipulate Light (which is almost like magic) are called Guardians, and this is what you play as.

Every time the game brings up an interesting plot point, it immediately finds a way to avoid explaining it in favor of ushering you into the next room of dudes you need to murder.

As far as gameplay, it's basically Borderlands if it took itself seriously and wasn't as good. It's a shoot 'n' loot game, but drops are neither as abundant, nor as varied (it doesn't come close to Borderlands' millions of guns) as the game it tries to imitate. Borderlands also has more plot, which is sad because the vast majority of it is told through voice overs alone and it still does a better job.

So without a plot, and without the outlandish wackiness of Borderlands to keep you entertained, it's just a series of shooting galleries with slightly varied enemies. The Raids are actually really good, and that's where the game gets interesting, throwing various mechanics and a tense experience at you. But the base game had only a single Raid, and as you can see, they only plan to add one per expansion.

Oh, and Bungie has no idea how to balance a game with both PvP and PvE. When they make changes to guns, it's across the board. So, if they nerf a gun because it was too powerful in PvP, it now becomes useless in PvE. Not that it matters, as the PvP is a completely unbalanced pile of tripe anyways. It's all about instant kills. if you're not OHKing everyone, you're going to do poorly.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
Actually what happened was the lead writer left in the middle of the development of the game, so the game had all of this content and it was left unfinished the story was not save-able or atleast it was deemed that way. So what happened from there was that Activision aka (lack-o-vision) declared that they should scrape up it's losses and sumbit the finished but yet unfinished content as dlc. Supposedly the DLC we had to pay for was originally part of the initial story in the game without the purchase of DLC. So we are play a lot of refurnished content and pay for it. It's a huge switch and bait. There should be a lawsuit against Bungie and Activision.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Ouch. I'd be pissed if I paid for a game with such potential only to get what you guys described... What a waste.

Didn't the game have like half a billion dollar budget?? lol geeeez

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusHavok View Post

I very nearly bought a ps4 just for Destiny too. After being flogged by publishers so many times, I thought I better wait and see how the game was first. That's a very bitter pill to swallow man
frown.gif

·
Registered
127 Posts
Quote:

it just lacks in every department other than actual gameplay. The game's shooting and moving mechanics are fantastic but the story (or lack of) and really small amount of missions just left me wondering what happened to the actual game and why some hollow shell of what Destiny was supposed to be got released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForNever View Post

I very nearly bought a ps4 just for Destiny too. After being flogged by publishers so many times, I thought I better wait and see how the game was first. That's a very bitter pill to swallow man
frown.gif
You'd of thought i'd learnt my lesson after Alien: Colonial Marines but I guess not :/

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
I bought the Destiny PS4 bundle, more or less for the white PS4. However, Destiny had a good start but got boring quickly.
Bungie has been slow to do anything and then they throw us the smallest DLC packs I've ever seen.
The new strikes are boring, the new missions don't carry much depth, the new raid is meh, and the new weapons are lacking.

I got the DLC for $19.99 instead of $34.99 and I've yet to dump much time into it. I saved materials and such for the expansion and I hit 31 in 2 days.
I've yet to pick the game back up for more than 5 minutes at a time, if even.

The game itself isn't terrible, I enjoy the way Crucible plays [2.2X and 2.3X KDR on both my characters] but it's severely lacking in every department since Bungie tried to make the game a mashup of games.
They focused on being a little bit of every game out there rather than a RPG/FPS with a deep story line.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
Weird how much hate for Destiny there seems to be here... I have absolutely no interest in it but my wife asked for a PS4 so she could 2 box on FFXIV (which I also can't stand) and I got her the white one with Destiny just because it was the only way to get the white console... and now she plays Destiny more than FFXIV... so bizarre. She's a bit daft though, so it probably does suck.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Eh. Im getting some enjoyment out of the $20 investment but dont have any console friends so it is rather boring playing alone.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Wasn't the reason destiny sucked so much is because the director who created the story walked out causing copyright issues? That is what I heard which is why the game is left so "untold" and crappy. They rushed what they could because they knew without the story the would lose all the money they already poured into the game.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG_bigboss View Post

Wasn't the reason destiny sucked so much is because the director who created the story walked out causing copyright issues? That is what I heard which is why the game is left so "untold" and crappy. They rushed what they could because they knew without the story the would lose all the money they already poured into the game.
it would be incredibly short sighted on their part to have something like that left out of a contract. they would specifically need that to cover their butts in case something like that happened. usually with jobs that involve creation, the people hired lose their exclusive rights/copyrights to stuff like art, stories, presented ideas, etc. so that the team/company can continue if something were to not work out between all parties. that's the reason why game companies cant/wont take specific ideas from things like fan posts in forums. those people can turn around and demand royalties if something they can specifically prove was their idea were to ever pop up. (this obviously excludes community events and general feedback like "it would be cool if they worked on weapon balance in mp modes").
imagine if an artist had left in a situation like you're describing. you might as well pack your bags and close up shop if you're anywhere past the concept stages.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banded1 View Post

it would be incredibly short sighted on their part to have something like that left out of a contract. they would specifically need that to cover their butts in case something like that happened. usually with jobs that involve creation, the people hired lose their exclusive rights/copyrights to stuff like art, stories, presented ideas, etc. so that the team/company can continue if something were to not work out between all parties. that's the reason why game companies cant/wont take specific ideas from things like fan posts in forums. those people can turn around and demand royalties if something they can specifically prove was their idea were to ever pop up. (this obviously excludes community events and general feedback like "it would be cool if they worked on weapon balance in mp modes").
imagine if an artist had left in a situation like you're describing. you might as well pack your bags and close up shop if you're anywhere past the concept stages.
Makes sense but still the game feels that way as if they ran into issues and had to rewrite the game as fast as they could.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts