Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
"Well, I'm not quite convinced why Hatred got AO rating while it lacks any sexual content, but it's still some kind of achievement to have the second game in history getting AO rating for violence and harsh language only," developer Destructive Creations wrote on its forum. "Even if this violence isn't really that bad and this harsh language is not overused. The guy from ESRB (by the way - very nice, polite and cooperative one) told me it's all about 'the context' which people they're testing gameplay video on will see."

"I would prefer to get a standard M rating, because with AO we will have problems to get to consoles in the future, but on the other hand I think you guys (our fans) would be disappointed with it," the developer stated. "I'm curious what PEGI will give us."
Source

I think its going to stay AO. Its not that bad compared to other games. Its just you play as a villain.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
can games not bypass the ESRB like movies can bypass the MPAA?
a lot of indie or B movies will completely go around the MPAA so they don't get destroyed by them.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00sl0w View Post

can games not bypass the ESRB like movies can bypass the MPAA?
a lot of indie or B movies will completely go around the MPAA so they don't get destroyed by them.
Games could always pass by the ESRB, but without a rating the only way to sell them would be a company store front.

I'm rather surprised Steam will still release an AO game...

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLux View Post

Games could always pass by the ESRB, but without a rating the only way to sell them would be a company store front.

steam requires ESRB ratings?
what about all the community stuff? all of those having ESRB ratings?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Quote:

I don't know Steam's policies on that matter... So don't ask me. o_O I just know most stores won't carry AO games, nor will they allow it on consoles.

·
Registered
434 Posts
This is a perfect way immortalise a game in the eyes of teenagers and kids everywhere
smile.gif

I remember coveting Mortal Kombat just because it was legendary on the playground.

·
15,777 Posts
As if ratings stops underage kids from ruining online games.
rolleyes.gif

·
To The Game
7,674 Posts
Ah, the good ol'ESRB rating...

Back in the day the anti-video game violence people must of really thought they won one when they got a rating system in place for video games.

The only reason we have stuff like this...

In games is because of those ratings.

Those guys did more good things for gaming then any fancy new hardware or game engine could ever hope.
specool.gif

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Can't wait till I get my hands on the game
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Vanelay View Post

That seems harsh, considering it's just a postal ripoff...
Postal would have huge problems too if it was released in modern times of butthurt and politicall correctness.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Quote:

I don't know if it's a 'requirement' but they currently don't have, nor have they ever sold an AO rated game. Manhunt 2 being one that I can think of that has never been on Steam.

·
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
3,556 Posts
I should be surprised, why am I not?

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLux View Post

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. You need ESRB to sell in a real brick store.

Don't know what steam's policy is, but they've already unbanned it once....

1 - 20 of 51 Posts