Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
"From early on, I wanted Mario to be that character in the digital world, so that with each digital evolution, he was there to usher in the next era. I think that maybe when we release the next hardware system, you can look forward to seeing Mario take on a new role or in a new game," said the developer. He added that while the focus in 2015 will be in "providing a robust line-up of Wii U software,"

Nintendo as a whole has groups working on ideas for new hardware systems. "While we're busy working on software for the Wii U, we have production lines that are working on ideas for what the next system might be." In the interview, Miyamoto also commented on his latest upcoming title: Star Fox. "The story might not be too different from past "Star Fox" games, but the gameplay mechanics are going to feel very different because of the two-screen system of the Wii U with the GamePad and TV screen. It'll make for a very fun and unique way to play."
Quote:
In the interview, Miyamoto also commented on his latest upcoming title: Star Fox. "The story might not be too different from past "Star Fox" games, but the gameplay mechanics are going to feel very different because of the two-screen system of the Wii U with the GamePad and TV screen. It'll make for a very fun and unique way to play."
Source

Yay! also new star fox :O I AM SOOO EXCITED

Still new to posting in the news section. Tell me if I made any mistakes...

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameschisholm View Post

Are these the new gaming devices AMD is powering then?
I wouldn't be surprised if it were, AMD has worked well for them.

Also, before people flip out about how the Wii U is only two years old and they are working on a new system already. Every manufacturer does this, often times before a console hits the market they are already working on its replacement. Nintendo tends to have very long R&D/Concept periods...

·
Premium Member
7,421 Posts
as he and Nintendo's president have stated in the past, they are always working on the next hardware, even before the current one launches. IMO this isn't at all newsworthy. and there is no actual news in this piece.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PureBlackFire View Post

as he and Nintendo's president have stated in the past, they are always working on the next hardware, even before the current one launches. IMO this isn't at all newsworthy. and there is no actual news in this piece.
I didnt want to quote the whole post as its against the rules

But here is
Quote:
In the interview, Miyamoto also commented on his latest upcoming title: Star Fox. "The story might not be too different from past "Star Fox" games, but the gameplay mechanics are going to feel very different because of the two-screen system of the Wii U with the GamePad and TV screen. It'll make for a very fun and unique way to play."
If star fox isnt news then I dont know. STAR FOX IS OMG AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysical View Post

I didnt want to quote the whole post as its against the rules

But here is
If star fox isnt news then I dont know. STAR FOX IS OMG AWESOME!!!
Not news. Star Fox was confirmed earlier this year(two different events if I am not mistaken) and shown using two screens.

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noufel View Post

So if true AMD is taking controle of the consoles world .
where else can they go?!
rolleyes.gif

this gonna be BC?

·
Official Luddite of OCN
5,747 Posts
Good, so assuming Sony and MS follow the one console just shy of a decade Nintendo will be in a great spot with this system. Even if they released it next year they'd have no problem matching the power of either xbone or ps4 and likely in a smaller format, less power consuming system that cost less to produce. I really hope they one up them slightly and go with a beefier cpu..

Game makers would do well to reignite sales with more physics based games and tons of characters, etc, things current cpu's are horribly not up to task for on consoles. Enemy AI is still laughable on all but a handful of titles, etc.

Nintendo games look great on the Wii U and we all know it's power is sub par, but their style of games with a little more horsepower with look very very good. They've always been able to make their art look good.

Even if you go play Wind Waker on the gamecube, it has held up extremely well even to this day.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteCrane View Post

Ridiculous. Launching too many consoles is what killed Sega. Not necessary.
Many things killed Sega. Not just launching too many consoles. Their R&D costed them way too much and brought back too little. Shenmu for example had to be sold twice on every Dreamcast to even break even. There's also the fact they added tons of non-profitable peripherals to their existing systems and tried to bring online gaming when barely anyone had a computer at home, let alone a decent internet connection. Nintendo is also far richer than Sega was and they also got the DS selling like hotcakes to prevent them from going under.

Also, we all know they're gonna release a console eventually. This isn't news. You're acting like they're gonna release next year when they may as well release it in 3-4 years.

·
Banned
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveHighDPI View Post

Yup, this is just saying "business as usual".
I expect a new home console from Nintendo in 2017 (35 months from now).

I can't wait to see what Shiggy has for the new Starfox though.
They said 2015 but most likely at Q4

·
Registered
4,283 Posts
Quote:

Well IBM is out of the semiconductor industry so Nintendo will be dropping PowerPC and there isn't really anyone except AMD left that can produce a powerful enough console at the right price. Maybe NVIDIA could get back in the game with their Denver CPU but it really comes down to price, and AMD are willing to take on the small margins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloCamo View Post

Good, so assuming Sony and MS follow the one console just shy of a decade Nintendo will be in a great spot with this system. Even if they released it next year they'd have no problem matching the power of either xbone or ps4 and likely in a smaller format, less power consuming system that cost less to produce. I really hope they one up them slightly and go with a beefier cpu..

Game makers would do well to reignite sales with more physics based games and tons of characters, etc, things current cpu's are horribly not up to task for on consoles. Enemy AI is still laughable on all but a handful of titles, etc.

Nintendo games look great on the Wii U and we all know it's power is sub par, but their style of games with a little more horsepower with look very very good. They've always been able to make their art look good.

Even if you go play Wind Waker on the gamecube, it has held up extremely well even to this day.
It's honestly amazing what Nintendo have managed to squeeze out of the Wii U. They have as many if not more 1080/60 FPS games as the Xbone on a console that is at best half as powerful (and in reality probably much less).

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
Quote:

Uh, where have you been?
tongue.gif
They already have. ATI acquired ArtX, the company who made the Gamecube's GPU, and have made GPUs for Nintendo consoles since then. AMD is making about $100 each (source, I forgot, sorry) off the APUs found in the Xbone and PS4, and ATI/AMD made the Xenos GPU in the 360 last gen.

But I don't think it's any surprise that they're working on new consoles. I'm sure they started designing the Wii U the instant the Wii hit the shelves. Wii U had a rough start, mostly due to the lack of advertising (I thought it was just a tablet add-on to the existing Wii!
blushsmiley.gif
) and lack of titles, but that's definitely being fixed. Mario Kart 8 has sold a buttload, as has Smash Bros 4. DLC helps too. Since Nintendo hasn't been scumbags about it so far, I'll allow it.
wink.gif

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Pretty sure Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft are always working on the next console, even before their 'next' one launches. You always have to plan ahead. These things take years to develop so this news is just common sense.

Starfox on the other hand is old news but good news nonetheless.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Inb4 "Do a barrel roll!"

1 - 20 of 91 Posts