Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Samsung Smart TVs in the US and Canada will be capable of accessing the gaming service within the first half of 2015, allowing users to stream games from the Internet directly to their TVs without requiring a PlayStation console which was reported from CNet. PlayStation Now will be an app included in Samsung's Smart Hub which will use the cloud to run the games, it writes off the need for any significant local storage.

The games will require a rental or purchase fee to access, and all that is required is that the Samsung Smart TV owner and DualShock 4 controller which obviously requires decent internet connection
Source http://gamingtheater.net/2014/12/sony-ps-now-on-samsung-smart-tvs/

If you can afford a Samsung Smart TV then buy your self a PS4. Sony had some crazy game rental prices before, this is not going to change. I remember they was doing a game for $40 for a month rental. Thats my opinion so dont hate me.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
inb4 TV overclocking
rolleyes.gif

soon enough, though, we'll essentially have a usable computer inside a TV to make this type of thing more and more viable.

·
Premium Member
11,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtyworks View Post

inb4 TV overclocking
rolleyes.gif

soon enough, though, we'll essentially have a usable computer inside a TV to make this type of thing more and more viable.
Just to clarify, you do realize that the TV is just streaming the video information and not actually rendering the game right?

Cool feature if you don't mind spending that much money on rentals and the inherent limitations of streaming games

·
OC Enthusiast
1,054 Posts
the stream is rly washed and not very responsive
they should change the price tag to 10€ (i testd PS tv, which is the same thing i think)

·
Registered
4,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoSigmaTau View Post

It's 20 a month, or 45 for 3 months. Seems like a good deal to me
So pay 1/3rd the cost of a game to rent it? Wish I had money to blow like that.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
What about the latency ooou. I would play some battleship commander game with that where everything's delayed by pure logic of telling people what to do. (edit: and please render a hud that gives visual feedback on button presses with the smart tv hardware. If done well, it reassures people that everything's working as intended.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts