Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
I'd oc that i5. It ran fine when I was running my i5 at 4.6 + 580, not great just "fine"

keep in mind the game is just poorly optimized, it runs like trash on 680's in sli.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by a 6 foot rabbit View Post

I'd oc that i5. It ran fine when I was running my i5 at 4.6 + 580, not great just "fine"
keep in mind the game is just poorly optimized, it runs like trash on 680's in sli.
Ehhh... I'll just run it w/o enb's for now then. I still have the stock intel cpu fan so I can't heavily OC right now.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChubbySquirrel View Post

Ehhh... I'll just run it w/o enb's for now then. I still have the stock intel cpu fan so I can't heavily OC right now.
I'm able to easily hit 4.2ghz on my i5 using the stock cooler. Most 2500k's can.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I ran GTA 4 fine with Core i7 940 @ 4GHz with a 3 year old 5870 HD everything set to Very High except for water. Set water to anything but Very High. I read that water tip in some forum and it worked for me.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by a 6 foot rabbit View Post

Yea I have to use the "high end" preset config with my setup. I figured I would be able to use the "i want to kill my pc" config at this point but that wasn't the case.

I am on ice 1.35 though.

I run about 35-40fps average on my system with the "high end" config. Very playable though, no stuttering. Don't really mind it, but maybe that's because I originally put all my gta 4 time in on the 360 when it first came out.

Not sure how that helps you with your 580 but just keep in mind as he said this game is poorly optimized so don't think that since you are running beautiful games like bf3 without a problem that you will have no issue running this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post

I ran GTA 4 fine with Core i7 940 @ 4GHz with a 3 year old 5870 HD everything set to Very High except for water. Set water to anything but Very High. I read that water tip in some forum and it worked for me.
He is referring to the icenhancer mod which gives you some beauty but when you take in account the performance to quality ratio, the performance hit outweighs it by a long shot.

·
Registered
302 Posts
^ Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, I did play it with my setup and maxed it with:

iCEnhancer20N
Trees+Textures+Mod+1.2
HD Road Texttures
Blood Mod

Sure it wont run as smooth as default, but the visuals are far too pretty and having real cars is amazing for car lovers like me. I read that ICEnhancer with Water on Very High made roads disappear so I set mine to High instead.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitter View Post

^ Sorry, I wasn't clear enough, I did play it with my setup and maxed it with:
iCEnhancer20N
Trees+Textures+Mod+1.2
HD Road Texttures
Blood Mod
Sure it wont run as smooth as default, but the visuals are far too pretty and having real cars is amazing for car lovers like me. I read that ICEnhancer with Water on Very High made roads disappear so I set mine to High instead.
Hmm, well I was under the assumption that you had to use the preset config files to change graphics settings. I read when installing (again im on 1.35) that if you change anything in game it messes all of that up and makes your settings irrelevant.

Also if it actually does work like you said, then there must have changed some things from 1.2-1.35 because as stated I can run "very high" settings decently on my pc but I def can't run it on "kill my pc" which is the highest setting.

And I have a pretty nice up to date pc atm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts