Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, guys. I know, this problem is often and happens to most of people, but come on, with that my rig, i only have 25-35 fps in game with all maxed 1.0.0.4 patch. ***? Is this some kind of bad optimizatition of game, or other things? Cpu usuge only 75-85% in game.
I saw video


, and fps is good in it.
Any tips will be appriciated. I just wanna to know, is it normal fps for my rig? o_o
Drivers are up-to-date Windows 7 x64. No viruses and other things.
 

·
OG
Joined
·
1,611 Posts
Its a poorly optimized port so you can have a [email protected] rig and it might play like crap, or you can have a decent rig and it will play just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,220 Posts
my rig plays it fine at 60fps. Every setting possible in game is maxed.

Although I did notice a little bit of stuttering during cutscenes for some reason while it was on my HDD, so I moved it to my SSD and it seemed to have fixed the problem.
 

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PureDorian View Post
Hi, guys. I know, this problem is often and happens to most of people, but come on, with that my rig, i only have 25-35 fps in game with all maxed 1.0.0.4 patch.
Update to the newest, it helped with performance. Its still not great, but not that bad.
 

·
Guess I'm Back
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Reduce shadows. That helps A LOT. And overclocking your CPU will help as well.
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
47,375 Posts
Though i get 30s with my sig i dont notice any lag.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probably, it's because of my HDD then, it's old ;/
Another components of my pc are fine, well, atleast I think that it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by c00lkatz View Post
Reduce shadows. That helps A LOT. And overclocking your CPU will help as well.
Already done overclock to a 3.6 once upon a time(last that was stable for me), no differences at all.
 

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
Joined
·
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PureDorian View Post
Probably, it's because of my HDD then, it's old ;/
Another components of my pc are fine, well, atleast I think that it is.
I doubt its your HDD unless you're getting serious stuttering or having the game freeze for a while as it loads textures.
 

·
MEGABYTE ME
Joined
·
2,765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post
Update to the newest, it helped with performance. Its still not great, but not that bad.
This
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post
I doubt its your HDD unless you're getting serious stuttering or having the game freeze for a while as it loads textures.
Yes, stutters appears when moving mouse very fast, it's about 0.5/1 sec stutter
Almost sure that patch will only give me about +2 frames, not big difference, I dont bellive in stories about patches, they're not giving 10 frames(which is big difference). But, maybe, I will try to update game.
 

·
Guess I'm Back
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou View Post
GT4 is even slow on a GTX 480. Horrible port.
The game is not GPU limited, it's CPU limited. The GPU makes little difference (within reason) as long as you have at least 1GB of vRAM, as it will definitely use as much as you can give it.
 

·
WaterCooler
Joined
·
4,022 Posts
GTA4 sucks in terms of optimization.

I had to turn off my crossfire for my 5770's for instance to get it to work right and not lag. I never measured the FPS, but it is very playable on medium-high on my rig, but very little eye candy if any. I imagine if I had a true quad core it would be even better.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,755 Posts
Yes the game is very bad optimized,the game was ported from console to pc and it's a mess.
On my rig the game runs very nice 27-50 fps so i think that is good with some details on high and some details on medium.
But still the game is a mess,if you don't understand why game creators don't port the game from pc to console instead of porting the game from console to pc.
The answer is here,many people that have pc don't buy the game so no profit right?
People with consoles buy the game so profit right?
Here are your answers of your daily problems with games.
 

·
WaterCooler
Joined
·
4,022 Posts
I don't even console game at all anymore. So crap like this is quite sad to me.
 

·
Guess I'm Back
Joined
·
3,667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Beregond View Post
GTA4 sucks in terms of optimization.

I had to turn off my crossfire for my 5770's for instance to get it to work right and not lag. I never measured the FPS, but it is very playable on medium-high on my rig, but very little eye candy if any. I imagine if I had a true quad core it would be even better.
This is another good idea. The game doesn't utilize multi-GPU setups very well, so turning off Crossfire may help as well. I did notice slightly less lag when I had SLI GTX260's if I set the game profile to single GPU.
 

·
Hold on to your butts!
Joined
·
3,213 Posts
GTA4 plays best on lga1366 and with nvidia.
 

·
I.T. Specialist III
Joined
·
4,670 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post
I doubt its your HDD unless you're getting serious stuttering or having the game freeze for a while as it loads textures.
Agreed.

I have seen way too many green and red machines with quad cores of all types struggle with this game. Its a port gone wrong, although it does work for some people.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top