Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really liked the story line of GTA 4 and I always had a little trouble getting online before, but I got it all set up a couple weeks ago and I FINALLY played the multiplayer today. Holy Cr############P!!!!!!!!!!
I played on the PS3, but I imagine the Xbox is the same cause I played the xbox version of GTA and it's the same so online must be the same also right?
Anyway I have lots of questions so here goes:
1. Is the mafia the best way to level up? To me it seemed like the easiest way to get points/dollars fast.
2. I tried the Car Jack City, but even though I found a car full of drugs I had no place to take them. Where are they supposed to go? It wasn't like in the mafia game where if you get something they tell you where to take it. At least I couldn't find it.
3.What is the point leveling up structure? I don't know how many points it takes to get from 0 to 1 level. It must be between 100-1000. I didn't notice, but I went from 0 to 1 in the first game and I did terribly. I think I got 4 kills and it was a 20 minute game. Then going from 1 to 2 I noticed I needed 10,000. And now I need to get 50,000 to reach level 3.
4.If you are a higher level does the game give you an advantage? I ask because at the start of the game today I appeared and I looked left and there was another player there. So what would you do? I immediately started firing at him. Well he hadn't synced up yet so he was just frozen for about 2 seconds while I was shooting at him. Well he turned, fired at me when he finally synced up just like i did to him and I died first. He was a level 5 and I was still a 1. I know it was unfair that the game did that to him, but why would I die first. We both has SMGs.
5. Is it possible to join a team game? Or do you need to be on a team first?I tried cops and crooks, but I kept getting bounced out. I imagine because they already had their teams set up. Some online games it's easy to join a team game.
Also it seems like at certain times many players know each other and they all gang up on you. There was this game where at least 4 guys( probably out of 8) who whenever I tried to kill one of them, all would gang up to kill me and after I tried once or twice they all just came after me over and over where I had no chance at all. It only happened once but wow, what do you do just bail on the game?

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wow no comment at all? I know it's getting old and all....
Anyway, I have been exclusively playing the mafia game since yesterday an I was playing against 5-6 other people and the mission was to collect something( I don't remember what) and bring it somewhere else. Well it was in the middle of Middle park in Algonquin, so someone picked it up and headed west. Wellll..... he didn't get far, not even to the park entrance where I wasted him and his car. Then someone right behind me killed me as soon as I picked it up. I re-emerged to a great battle right at the corner of the park. I died twice there and there were so many cars that you couldn't even find the item in question so on my third time back to the scene I found a bus, I plowed all the cars out of the way and was just about to pick it up again and someone blows me up with an RPG. What a great game though. 20 minutes of missions fighting other people to complete them.
Then I like it when another player just forgets about the missions and just goes after you. I killed one guy 3 times in a row and he kept getting more and more angry and finally he got me really good a few times.
Make no mistake, I'm not saying I'm really good at all, in fact I'm not that good at all, it's just so much fun and much of the game is just luck.
I guess I'm all jacked up about this game is I'm really looking forward to it coming out on PC in a few days and then it will really start getting good with all the mods and so forth.
So in closing this may be the longest bump in the history of OCN. What do you guys think? Do you guys have any answers to the questions I posted? Or any comments are welcome. If nothing else you can just say what a tool I am. Don't worry, I can take it.

BTW, if you're on PSN my name is Captain Obvis456

·
Premium Member
4,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by nathris
View Post

Nobody plays GTA4 anymore?

Yeah I figured either someone still played or at least someone would want to help, but oh well... I'm glad at least someone else posted besides me. The views are going up so at least someone is looking even if no one else posts.
Anyway I found out a few more things. I saw several guys with motorcycle helmets and I thought that you'd need to get pretty high to get that and I assume that helps you not get killed so fast. Well, I got one when I reached level 4.
Are there other clothes that make it harder to kill you?
Also why does everyone want to do the mafia games in Bohan? That is the most pain in the A** place to play. I'd much rather play in any of the other islands, but most of the games are in Bohan. I found that if I reject the game there more than once that it would make my the guy with the crown and then I can make the rules. I like Algonquin best, but Alderney and Broker/ Dukes are good also. I like to have a little room to move. Bohan is all hills and curves.
I also found a place that told the rankings and how much money it takes to reach the next levels. I guess it'll take a while to reach level 5 for me, I just made level 4 at 100,000 and that took 4 days, I gotta more than double that at 250,000 for level 5. If anyone knows a better way/ more fun way to level up I'd like to hear it. Also I wish I could get into another game like in my last post where all the cars were piled up in middle park. That game was great.
Anyway thanks for reading and if anyone wants to answer I love to not be the only one posting.
11 more days til GTA 4 on PC!!!!!
Hopefully that gets someones attention.

·
Premium Member
12,992 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by x2s3w4
View Post

I think they will in 11 days again.

For about 2 weeks, at least until mods come out to fix it's numerous flaws.

Watch GTA4 on the PC get like an 8/10, despite being probably the same game as the consoles, which got a 10/10.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts