Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, I had this game since Black Friday and it was running strong ever since I began to mod it. I think that was the problem.
Anyways I modded it in January and found it kept crashing. So I uninstalled it then re installed it. Ever since then I can get like 15-20 minutes into it and it would crash at random points. I mean, it would just randomly stop working like the music would freeze along with the pic. I got it working again once but ever since then no.

I am wondering if it was jumping onto the pagefile...which I didn't think I had and it just crapped out on me. So I am wondering if Ram will be a better option. What do you think?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Try to clean up your registry with CCleaner after uninstalling GTA once again. Remove all crap what is connected to GTA IV. Like COMPLETE uninstall. Then install the game on administor's mode and be sure that you get no CRC errors on install.

After that, play the game and be sure that your graphics-options are all okay like no settings over the VRAM limit. If you have 512MB VRAM put settings like little looser than 512MB on GTA IV. 470MB-480MB etc.

Do you get freezes like that on any other software? If only in GTA IV, game must be causing it. I don't know much about pagefile, I'll keep it on the Windows's recommended option.

Good luck!

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by WIGILOCO
View Post

Try to clean up your registry with CCleaner after uninstalling GTA once again. Remove all crap what is connected to GTA IV. Like COMPLETE uninstall. Then install the game on administor's mode and be sure that you get no CRC errors on install.

After that, play the game and be sure that your graphics-options are all okay like no settings over the VRAM limit. If you have 512MB VRAM put settings like little looser than 512MB on GTA IV. 470MB-480MB etc.

Do you get freezes like that on any other software? If only in GTA IV, game must be causing it. I don't know much about pagefile, I'll keep it on the Windows's recommended option.

Good luck!

I probably should turn the quality a bit down lol...Thats prob what is causing it. But I am still lower then 512 I know that for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts