Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just booted up GTA IV and I have a couple of problems. First of all I can't change the graphics settings. I found a workround by creating a shortcut to the game with some commands in it and I am able to start up the game and change the settings but once I do, it runs at about 20 fps. I'm looking at my GPU usage and they are both working at around 40%. My CPU isn't bottlenecking me so I don't know what it is. I know GTA IV is poorly optimised but before I went crossfire, I was running at full GPU usage at fairly reasonable fps. This is stupid. Other games work fine. Any ideas?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
As far as i know, GTA 4 doesn't work right with crossfire. I'd just disable crossfire while I play that game.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977;15295682
Is game patched to latest version?

Also try to disable CF and see if its better that way.
Although its not optimised for CF i had no issues running GTA4 on 5870CF.
It's of Steam so i'd assume so. There aren't any updates for it anyway. Disabling crossfire sort of defeats the object of having it
frown.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by neonraver;15295712
Disabling crossfire sort of defeats the object of having it
frown.gif
Yeah buts its a game that doesnt support CF as best it could do,fact.
Try moving the game over to your SSD using steam mover app,see if its because of game textures taking too long to load up,doubt it but its gota be worth a shot right?

Yeah steam version will be latest,thats what i have,do you have EFLC aswell?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977;15295776
Yeah buts its a game that doesnt support CF as best it could do,fact.
Try moving the game over to your SSD using steam mover app,see if its because of game textures taking too long to load up,doubt it but its gota be worth a shot right?

Yeah steam version will be latest,thats what i have,do you have EFLC aswell?
It runs fine with it disabled, at about 30-40fps with everything set to max so at least its playable. I might try that, not tonight though. Not much space on my SSD too. Yeah I've got EFLC, same problem with that. Damn Rockstar.

By the way, how to I set which GPU the computer reverts to when I turn off crossfire? I want to use the other one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cba to do that. I'll just stick with what I've got. Just found out GPU usage in Crysis is really low too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977;15296181
That CPU should be more than enough to keep those cards at 100%usage.

Gota ask...you say low usage but do you have vsync enabled or disabled?
disabled
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,086 Posts
Neither GTA IV or Crysis support Crossfire very well. GTA IV doesn't at all and Crysis only see's minimal gains from having two cards.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,235 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by fashric
View Post

Neither GTA IV or Crysis support Crossfire very well. GTA IV doesn't at all and Crysis only see's minimal gains from having two cards.

Yep very true. Don't judge your crossfire setup based on its performance with these two games OP. Crossfire 6950's kick some butt when you use them on games that support crossfire properly(which is like 99% of them).
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top