Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear readers

I've just installed GTA IV - Gay Tony and LatD through Steam. The install went smooth but the in-game is a mess!
frown.gif

I started the game then to realize the game was forced in 800x600 resolution. I then quickly found my way to the Graphics Options and tried to turn everything up - as it was all on the lowest settings. But I wasn't able to touch anything in there, it all seemed locked somehow.

You can see the my system in the signature.

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I did.

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mines retail and i can put all mine up. But i dont got tony and the other expansion

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I had the same issue, this could help you:
Right click on the game link -> properties
On destination you will see something like "C:\Program files\Rockstar Games\GTA.exe" (don't remember exactly). Well, add at the end "-norestrictions" without quotes.
The final result should be "C:\Program files\Rockstar Games\GTA.exe" -norestrictions

Now you should be able to crank up the graphics options.
PS: This command list mights turn out useful to you: http://www.sgc2000.co.uk/2009/01/grand-theft-auto-iv-command-line-options/

Let me know if it worked, cheers!

·
Pink Freud
2,699 Posts
I would also say is something you're not doing right...
But anyways, in last case, you can manually tweak the files on your Grand Theft Auto IV\common\data\ folder
(could use this thread: http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f15/gta-4-tweaking-performance-fixing-issues-guide-194514/ as a guide)

but there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to tweak anything if you've got the latest video drivers.

One thing I would do is ask steam to check if the local game files are fine (right click on the game on your library, go properties, and you will find it there to verify the game files)
that often fixes things on my steam games

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've got all the latest drivers yeah, I'll see if the guides can help me.

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shouldn't the latest patches be installed when it's installed through Steam?

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Yeah the game doesn't support SLi or Crossfire. The game also, restricts you to crank up the settings but as d3viliz3d said, you need to place that -norestriction console command in the shortcut for GTA4. You were better of spending that money on San Andreas or GTA Vice city, they were better games than this piece of crap.

·
Probably sleep deprived
5,586 Posts
The Resolution was only the beginning.
The problems are only going to get worse...

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5entinel;12829732
Yeah the game doesn't support SLi or Crossfire. The game also, restricts you to crank up the settings but as d3viliz3d said, you need to place that -norestriction console command in the shortcut for GTA4. You were better of spending that money on San Andreas or GTA Vice city, they were better games than this piece of crap.
I already have all the other GTAs, but seriusly are you kidding me? Not supporting Crossfire? This has got to be a joke...
gunner.gif

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkheios
View Post

I already have all the other GTAs, but seriusly are you kidding me? Not supporting Crossfire? This has got to be a joke...

My apologise, it's actually does support crossfire but not sli. But yeah, the game is possibly the worst port I've ever played on PC.

·
Premium Member
32,941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 5entinel
View Post

My apologise, it's actually does support crossfire but not sli. But yeah, the game is possibly the worst port I've ever played on PC.

You've clearly never played any OTHER Grand Theft Auto games then. Because they are ALL direct ports.

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Okay, I've now managed to change graphics but it's horrible in-game...
Shadows, light effects etc. are all screwed up and it runs very unstable in general. This is no matter if I have lowest graphics or highest.
confused.gif

And even though I I put all on max or minimum graphics it sayes that I'm about to exceed my graphics, even though I'm only using like 800MB/4GB.

This is extremely annoying...

·
Premium Member
32,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkheios;12835876
Okay, I've now managed to change graphics but it's horrible in-game...
Shadows, light effects etc. are all screwed up and it runs very unstable in general. This is no matter if I have lowest graphics or highest.
confused.gif

And even though I I put all on max or minimum graphics it sayes that I'm about to exceed my graphics, even though I'm only using like 800MB/4GB.

This is extremely annoying...
You don't have 4GB of graphics memory. You have 2GB.

Things tend to get screwed up if you're using the -norestrictions tag. That's why its all screwed up. It seems this is a common problem with possibly the latest AMD drivers for those cards (I've seen a few threads about this).

·
OCer
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well I have 2x HD6950 2GB doesn't that make it 4GB?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.